Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Human Resources department is committed to providing PG&E employees with the tools, information and services to help deliver safe and reliable gas and electric service to our customers.
The Electric Training Team is a dynamic group within PG&E Academy that focuses on strategically aligning itself with the Electric business toward a goal of creating the safest most reliable electric system in the industry. It is the Academy's job to increase employee safety and productivity by designing, developing, and delivering best in industry learning and on the job support solutions. We are seeking team members who can thrive autonomously in a fast paced environment that is undergoing change. To be successful, you must be open to change, possess a passion for learning and innovation, be able to build strong internal and external relationships, and have a strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement.
The Senior Learning Strategist will be part of a high-performance learning organization where teamwork, initiative, technical, and facilitation skills form the foundation of outstanding adult learning success. The position will primarily project manage training deliverables for Electric projects. This role will analyze human performance needs and design and develop comprehensive learning solutions. The successful candidate should have a proven track record in analysis, design and development as well as project management and implementation of small and large learning solutions. This position requires up to 25 % travel within PG&E's service territory.
• Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, related fields, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in the learning and performance improvement field.
• Four years' experience in project management or learning solution development capacity.
• Experience in Instructional Design and training delivery.
• Experience in process development and continuous improvement.
• Must possess a valid California Driver's license or ability to obtain by first day of employment
• Two years' experience training Electric and Gas utility field employees.
• Experience training via Virtual Learning or Distance Learning.
• Ability to understand basic Electric concepts.
• Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other MS Office applications.
• Manage multiple projects with varying timelines and deliverables; and ensure these are met on time, on target and on purpose. • Drive the design and development process from front end analysis to implementation.
• Understand functional and process designs as well as business needs; ensure these are aligned with current PG&E Academy and lines of business priorities.
• Work with the line of business teams to determine organizational impact, use cases, environment capabilities, training schedules, locations and facilities necessary for implementation.
• Oversee the development of technical and business-process courses and material relative to client's performance objectives and learner needs.
• Facilitate all subject matter expert/line of business (SME/LOB) meetings including Kickoff, Task Analysis, Alpha, Beta, Pilot and Key Learning meetings.
• Measure the effectiveness of the learning solution and the value add to the lines of business. Track and create action plans for improvement opportunities.
• Effectively communicate issues, and risks to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.