Do you have experience in any transport company analyzing risks and ways of improvement? Do you possess strong negotiation skills and are interested in the renewable energy? Join Vestas as Road Survey/Civil work Technician and be part of a global leader in Wind Energy. Department
Construction department is responsible to:
- Support Sales dept during contract negotiation for all aspects related to project execution
- Create quotation for project execution ( except supply of turbines) integrating Civil Work, Electrical Work, Crane, Installation...
- Secure transport execution and contractual milestones of the project
- Perform turbines installation and Project execution (Balance Of Plant is required)
- Ensure customer communication from Sales Handover to Project closure and establish strong relationships
- Follow up on financial aspects of the project execution
- Organize and execute all road surveys and site surveys according to sales and construction departments
- Validate prior site opening all access (road and Site) with transport and craning companies to secure project execution with high level of safety
- Identify all transport and crane risks in and outside the Site and define mitigation solutions in collaboration with our subcontractors
- Support Sourcing and Construction Department with technical specifications definition to be integrated in contracts and frame agreements
- Negotiate with public Authorities and private land owners access for transport trucks and cranes and define appropriate indemnifications
- Follow up on financial agreements with Public Authorites and private land owners to secure on time payments following agreed conditions to establish long term relation supporting Service execution and Vestas image.
- Actively support all Construction department and mainly Project Manager on dealing with technical and administrative issues related to transport, goods delivery on site and crane.
- Respect all Vestas processes, and strongly support for improvement mainly on health and safety field.
Education and work experience:
- Graduate 2 years (equivalent of DUT or BTS )
- Experience: Ideally 2-3 years in extraordinary transport.
Candidates with 2-3 years of experience in the civil engineering sector working for big construction companies will be also considered. These candidates will need to demonstrate solid experience dealing with public authorities, suppliers and clients. Experience working with cranes would be highly appreciated Competencies
What we offer
- Professional skills: Pack office, English, Autocad (would be appreciated), Spanish (would be appreciated)
- Personal skills: Flexible and available for travelling in France, strong team spirit, communicative, structured, good negotiation skills, learning openness
- A strategic position within the organisation:
- supporting sales department to optimize inland transport and reduce cost of Energy.
- Supporting project execution for installation team by creating safe working environment
- A strong autonomy related to this position (candidate will be self-responsible for his time management balance office/field)
- An evolving position, always looking for improvements (process, costs,safety...)
- An experience in a worldwide company, within Western Med Cluster (France, Spain, Portugal and All French speaking African countries)
- Opportunity to work on project in Western Med Cluster
- Primary work position : Montpellier (south of France) - Headquarter Vestas France
- Travel : 2-3 days maximum per week in average
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.