Support environmental remediation projects and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
As an Environmental Engineer or Environmental Scientist you will have the opportunity to work with experienced project managers and technical consultants, interact with clients and regulators, perform site investigations and remedial design work, and help restore environmentally impaired sites. This position will offer you the opportunity to assist project managers in oversight and management of multiple, complex tasks while also making technical contributions to projects for global clients.
Our Environmental Engineers:
- Analyze data; prepare remedial reports, feasibility studies, engineering evaluations, and cost assessments; and design and implement pilot studies and remedial systems for sites impacted with chlorinated volatile organic compounds and/or petroleum-related compounds.
- Assist project managers to plan, staff, schedule, budget, and ensure quality of work products, consistency across projects, ensure safety of staff, and coordinate with subcontractors and internal support staff, including senior technologists and subject matter experts.
- Support project managers in day-to-day interaction with our clients and regulators.
- Work with project managers and health and safety managers to develop safety plans, including coordination of audits, integrated field team communications, and corrective actions where needed.
If you're up for the challenge, we've been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- BS degree in Engineering (Environmental, Civil, or Geotechnical), Geology, Hydrogeology or similar science degree
- At least 5 years of environmental project experience with direct project experience with characterization, remediation, and management of sites with impacted environmental media, including soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, pore water, and soil gas
- HAZWOPER certification or ability to obtain
- Must be able to plan and perform or oversee field work.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience, particularly with conducting remedial investigations, feasibility studies, engineering evaluations, remedial designs/actions, or site characterization under CERCLA
- Advanced degree
- Self-motivated, team-focused professional
- Possess excellent communication skills (oral and written) to communicate effectively with internal team members in the local office, as well as regional and firm-wide staff; subcontractors, and other stakeholders
- Possess strong writing and leadership skills
- Local to Virginia Beach, VA area
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M.
Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, VA US
View on Google maps