Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Proactive investment in employee safety and health is a necessity for our company's long-term success. The Workforce Health and Corporate Safety teams are currently integrating to create a culture of health and safety at the workplace. The Corporate Safety team works with all lines of business to develop company-wide policies and procedures and provide subject matter expertise on a variety of safety disciplines and ensures regulatory compliance. The Workforce Health team manages a comprehensive portfolio of company-wide benefits, programs and initiatives that engage employees to share accountability for their health, management of chronic conditions and adoption of healthier behaviors.
This position is responsible for overseeing the life safety program at the company's headquarters including developing and implementing programs that comply with all relevant Federal, State and Local life safety laws and regulations, benchmarking best practices in this area, and identifying strategies to further the life safety program in the company.
- 10 years of safety related experience
- Bachelor's degree in safety, health, or related field or equivalent work experience (4 years of additional safety related experience in lieu of a degree)
- 5 years of experience implementing life safety codes requirements in California
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Construction Health and Safety Technologist (CHST)
- First aid and CPR training certifications
- Fire Safety Director certification
- Plan, manage, and control the activities of a team that provides operational support for a business segment, group or team
- Provide support to emergency preparedness command system
- Provide input and support to the design, development, review and implementation of innovative quality products, programs, services and solutions to support existing safety management systems, PG&E safety guidance documents ), and the safety goals of the organization
- Develop and manage contracts, outside service vendors or others as required to support the safety programs of the organization
- Work and interact with Cal-OSHA investigators while conducting serious incident investigation
- Provide direction in the assigned area in support of business area objectives with short-term impact on functional goals
- Set and achieve department goals in support of established objectives
- Develop and implement work plans in support of department goals
- Analyze, report, and provide recommendations and develops strategies to improve quality
- Participate in employee selection, career development, succession planning and training
- Utilize vision to think ahead to anticipate issues and provide solutions before they impact your team.
- Serve as a subject matter expert
- Support and implement the S1/S2 process for safety