Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
PG&E's Customer Insight & Strategy Department ensures the customer perspective is prioritized, captured and incorporated into the work that we do. Through strategic and thoughtful research, surveys, customer experience strategies, data gathering, analysis, and collaboration with internal partners, we strive to delight our customers by ensuring that deeper insights about our residential and business customers are embedded into our product, marketing and operational plans.
This Sr. Market Research Analyst will design, conduct and manage both qualitative and quantitative research studies to understand customer needs and satisfaction, and present key findings and recommendations to senior management.
Minimum required qualifications:
• BA/BS Degree in Marketing, Business, Statistics, Communications or other related field or equivalent work experience.
• Advanced knowledge of market research techniques.
• Minimum of six or more years market research experience
• Experience programming and deploying online surveys
• Eight or more years of market research experience managing quantitative studies
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills- comfortable presenting research findings to all levels of PG&E management
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and work on multiple tasks independently; ability to effectively manage multiple projects with demanding time constraints
• Experience managing large-scale quantitative studies and developing survey questionnaires
• Ability to write clear and concise research reports and tailor communications to specific audiences to maximize impact
• Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Graduate Degree in Marketing, Business, Statistics, Communications or equivalent
• Skilled in SPSS or other statistical software to analyze data
• Skilled in programming, deploying and managing online surveys
• This Sr. Market Research Analyst will manage complex research projects with limited supervision by working closely with internal clients throughout the organization to scope out the research objectives, design the appropriate research studies and sampling plans, develop actionable discussion guides and questionnaires, and work with vendors to manage the execution of the studies.
• This Sr. Market Research Analyst will assist with managing PG&E's Customer Voice panel, which includes programming surveys using a survey platform, cleaning and analyzing the results, writing reports, and presenting findings and insights.
• This Sr. Market Research Analyst will analyze research data using a variety of statistical tools (e.g., SPSS, mTAB). Key tasks include: track on-going survey results, compare and contrast current research data with earlier time periods, identify significant changes and/or trends in research data, uncover key insights, and identify key drivers using statistical techniques.
• This Sr. Market Research Analyst will write clear and concise research reports and recommendations and tailor communications to specific audiences
• This Sr. Market Research Analyst will communicate the research results to stakeholders through formal and informal presentations and work with internal teams to implement customer strategies.