Are you passionate about pursuing a career in a sales organisation working with wind power projects in Ireland? Are you looking for a position with good career opportunities and high business impact? Join Vestas Celtic Wind Technology as a Business Development Manager and become part of a powerful sales organization within Vestas. As a Business Development Manager you will be setting the direction for and work closely with customers, ensuring that Vestas business delivers its "profitable growth" strategy.
Sales > Ireland & UK > Wind Power Plant Specialist
Vestas Celtic Wind Technology is a Sales Unit of Vestas Northern Europe, the largest manufacturer of wind turbines in the world and the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Vestas Celtic Wind Technology is responsible for sales, project construction, and servicing of wind projects in UK and Ireland. The Sales Manager / Business Development Manager function is anchored in the sales department in Dublin, but will work across multiple functions in an international environment to deliver on Vestas "profitable growth" strategy.
- Develop new business opportunities for Vestas in Ireland. This will involve regular communication and engagement with wind developers and consultants.
- Take the lead during the preparation of tenders for Turbine Supply Agreements
- Lead negotiations of Turbine Supply Agreements with customers and their stakeholders
- Deliver on KPI's including customer satisfaction, sales revenue and margins.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams internally, consisting engineering, construction, legal, service, and finance
- Analyze customer needs and formulate Vestas value proposition
- Develop pricing and positioning strategies for customers
- Attend industry conferences and provide feedback and information on market developments, customer needs and competitive landscape
- Master or Bachelor degree in business administration, economics and/or engineering
- Experienced senior technical professional with solid proven skills from the wind industry or energy sector, preferably with large infrastructure project transactions
- Several years of experience in managing customers or driving business performance as a key account manager or business development manager, where you have demonstrated ability to handle large accounts and cover all aspects of doing business (sales, contract negotiation, project management, O&M and technical etc.)
- You can demonstrate solid business understanding, and knows what it means to be "customer centric"
- You build long-term relationships and are able to interact with people at all levels of large multinational organizations
- You are trustworthy show credibility by your actions.
- You work structured in handling your daily tasks, are able to handle complex issues and pay attention to detail.
- You are used to lead by example and will set the direction of the team and communicate with conviction and credibility.
- A good understanding of contract structure and working with FIDIC or similar types of contract. A competent grasp of contract law principles would be a strong advantage;
- You are an experienced negotiator with a proven negotiation skills record.
- You thrive in a challenging and dynamic work environment.
- A team player and high performing individual with the desire to win.
- You are fluent in English (both orally and in writing) and have excellent presentation skills
- You work flawlessly with IT tools (MS Office, SAP CRM and project builder etc.)
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in a dynamic, high performing, fast moving and international work environment in the wind energy sector. We value initiative, trustworthiness, accountability, integrity and quality in all solutions.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small, but highly dynamic sales team, handling a large volume of projects with the goal of developing strong growth in one of Europe's fastest growing markets for wind energy. This is a permanent position based in our Dublin office in Ireland.
The position will be located at Vestas' office in Dublin, Ireland. Travel in the UK and Ireland is expected. Some international travel in Northern Europe is expected.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.