The ABB Global Business Services - Information Systems organization (GBS IS) is a unique unit working on infrastructure services and software development which supports business processes of ABB across the world. Everyday a team of talented developers, infrastructure experts, project managers and other specialists works on advanced IT solutions which improve efficiency of our company. Currently we are looking for candidates for a position of Global Lead Architect IT Technology and Platforms to join our team.
A team of global enterprise technology and platform domain architects support (and align to) ABB's business by developing, planning, driving, documenting and communicating the global IT technology and platform architecture, strategy and life cycle for ABB. This includes topics such as servers, storage, IaaS, backup, disaster recovery, networks, voice & video, end-user computing, identity & access management, application development platforms, databases, etc.
• The Global Lead IT Architect Technology and Platforms is the architectural design authority for ABB's global IT technology stack and, together with his/her team of domain architects, ensures that all IT technology components fit together from a technical and business perspective, also across other IS architectural domains;
• The Global Lead IT Architect Technology and Platforms ensures that ABB takes advantage of new technology developments;
• Designs and leads the implementation of a technology/platform architecture and life cycle roadmap for the technology/platform domain based on business requirements and IS strategies, as well as to rectify opportunities, gaps and pain points within the current landscape;
• Drives innovation in business technology/platform architecture;
• Ensures full inter-operability between the various business/application domains as well as the technology/platform domains;
• Supervises and facilitates the evaluation and selection of appropriate IS solutions and IS applications for all Technology/Platform domains.
• Drives the enterprise architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results by working closely together with all internal stakeholders and 3rd-party IT suppliers regarding their expectations, business and technical requirements;
• Direct or indirect involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that steer the selection, development, implementation and use of infrastructure technologies within the company;
• Guides and coordinates the Domain Architects to ensure consensus based enterprise solutions that are aligned with the IT technology/platform architecture roadmap.
• Degree in information management, computer systems, business engineering or similar;
• 15+ years of (management) experience with IT technology and platform processes and solutions in complex, global companies supporting 50K+ users:
Required experience in:
Windows and Unix servers
Storage and backup
Data center, server and virtualization
Failover and disaster recovery
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
WAN, LAN, WLAN networks
Voice & video
Active Directory (Federation Services)
Identity and Access Management
End-user computing (devices + mgmt., mobile)
Application development platforms
Security: encryption, PKI, firewalls, anti-virus, etc.
• Fluent spoken and written English;
• Easy to work with, charismatic, good listener;
• Is a respective leader, can motivate and persuade his/her team and stakeholders, pro-actively reaches out to stakeholders;
• Puts team results in front of personal results;
• Remains neutral and objective when it comes to analyzing facts and selecting solutions;
• Motivated by long term results.