Support Environmental Planning Activities and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
The Oakland, CA office is currently hiring and is looking for an environmental planner that is familiar with projects involving utilities. We are looking for individuals that are interested in working on fast paced utility projects that have regular client interaction. An ideal candidate is someone with 2-6 years' worth of work experience in environmental planning, has experience with preparing high quality deliverables in a fast paced environment, is comfortable with direct client interaction and representing CH2M in client meetings, and has experience with preparing and compiling complex documents.
• Technical support for utility projects as task lead planner
• Coordinate with diverse groups (e.g. biology, land acquisition, engineering, and construction management) to plan and facilitate various construction projects
• Experience serving on and leading teams for planning and permitting efforts
• Support project management teams on dynamic critical utility projects
• Attend and provide environmental planning input at scoping and design meetings with clients
• QC of self-produced work products and delivery of documents and tasks that are accurate and well-organized
• Demonstrated experience with California-specific environmental issues and resource agency permitting. Experience working in the San Francisco Bay area is a plus
• An understanding of CEQA, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) processes, and resource agency permitting, particularly as applied to electric and natural gas utilities in California are a plus
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational skills are essential.
• Strong self-starter with ability to balance work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Role would primarily be based out of the Oakland, California office, but would require regular travel to client offices in San Ramon and San Francisco, California, and travel to project sites for site reviews
• Regular travel and field work required The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Bachelor's degree in Environmental Planning, Environmental Science, with city and regional planning, biology, public policy, or a related field.
• Two years of progressively responsible work history in an environmental planning related field.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position
"CH2M will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance".
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, Oakland
Oakland, CA US
View on Google maps