Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The IT Senior Project Manager (Customer Products) leads a team that develops new applications, designs and installs new IT technical architecture and infrastructure systems, or enhances existing systems. Project Manager (PM) is responsible for assembling the project team and using the provided cost and scheduling tools to define the scope, budget, and resource needs, and controlling other project variables. PM also functions as a liaison between IT and the Business Client, and acts as the go-to person that represents the entire project from the planning through to the deployment stage. The PM is also focused on understanding the business context, strategies, and drivers for supporting the PG&E Customer Care business with focus on emerging technologies such as electrification, electric vehicles, distributed generation (e.g., Solar), and demand response programs. They must develop strong relationships within the business unit as well as within application teams to become experts in the intersection between the business unit and the projects/applications that support it.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent experience
• 5+ years experience managing one or more moderately complex IT product/software development cycles/projects
• Experience with IT professional service agreements and materials logistics • Ability to communicate technical concerns and considerations to non-technical stakeholders required.
• Excellent analytical and technical skills required.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and collaboration skills
• Ability to collaborate effectively in fast-paced team environment required.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from PMI or equivalent certification from an accredited program (e.g. Stanford Advanced Project Management Certificate Program).
• Advanced understanding of project management principles and methodologies.
• Workforce planning and resource management skills.
• Ability to function and manage in a matrix environment.
• Proficiency in negotiation and risk management.
• M.S degree or equivalent work experience in Engineering, Computer Science or other related discipline
• Experience managing work within a complex regulatory environment is desired
• Performer who can work with multiple business departments and can proactively engage them and prioritize the project delivery
• Experience working in a PMO environment as Project Lead or Project Manager for medium to complex projects
• Skilled in using the following programs - PPMC, IT Methodology, Microsoft Office Suite
• Prior experience in Gas and Electric Utilities
• Understanding of PG&E's business, and IT strategies and objectives
• Understanding of IT roles and responsibilities at PG&E
• Responsible for leading one or more projects typically between $100,000 - $5,000,000.
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge and technical competence.
• Gathering, defining and documenting project requirements.
• Clearly defining and communicating roles, responsibilities and expectations for all members of the project team.
• Obtaining and defining staffing requirements and forming project teams.
• Independently planning all associated work to meet project goals.
• Providing direction and leadership to project management analysts and schedulers.
• Developing metrics, procedures, objectives and methods to assess project progress while utilizing established standards and quality objectives.
• Conducting project kick-off meetings.
• Functioning in a process oriented environment.
• Communicating individual project roles and expectations.
• Ensuring all project team members have the tools and training necessary to perform effectively.
• Recording, tracking and communicating issues, risks, changes, and status reports within a PG&E standard tool.
• Accurately and consistently forecasting project resource, material and contract costs within a standard PG&E tool(s.)
• Driving all project related tasks to completion.
• Developing and Maintaining up-to-date detailed project schedules and work plans.
• Monitoring critical project milestones, and identifying ways to resolve schedule issues.
• Coordinating any required contract work within defined PG&E policy.
• Conducting site visits as necessary.
• Assessing project performance and implementing changes as necessary to ensure the projects remains within specified cost, schedule, scope and quality objectives.
• Communicating status of all projects to stakeholders and management.
• Developing and maintaining a productive working relationship with project sponsors, vendors and key clients.
• Resolving problems of project specific scope within procedural guidelines.
• Exercising independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with moderate scope and complexity.
• Preparing all project documentation for closure, storage, and possible auditing activities, ensuring technical accuracy.