Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
PG&E's Financial Accounting team provides accurate and timely delivery of the company's consolidated financial statements, variance analyses, account reconciliations, and other analyses that support the SEC filings of Forms 10Q and 10K. The team also works with many stakeholders throughout PG&E to maintain effective oversight and understanding of the company's financial data. This high profile group provides a great environment for energized and talented employees interested in igniting their career, making a contribution and being recognized. The work of our department is key to the company and provides challenge and variety including application of appropriate accounting treatment and analyses under GAAP and Regulatory accounting, FERC, Tax and SEC reporting.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable individual to work in various aspects of accounting. The ideal candidate must be analytical, demonstrate high accountability and be able to research and investigate issues.
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
• Minimum of three years of accounting related experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of SAP Financial (FI) module
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial analysis and internal controls
•CPA license or equivalent
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Prepare various schedules for monthly financial closing process for submission to various internal clients. Month end closing process includes preparation and recording of accounting transactions to the general ledger in accordance with GAAP and Regulatory accounting.
• Perform monthly general ledger Account Reconciliations for assigned accounts. Ensure reconciliations are properly documented, explained and referenced. Improve account reconciliations by identifying potential accounting concerns and working with key stakeholders for issue resolution.
• Perform Balance Sheet variance analysis for assigned accounts.
• Prepare SEC, Tax and various regulatory reports including 10-Q, 10-K and FERC Forms 1 and 2 data requests.
• Interact with various departments including Energy Accounting, External Reporting, Business Finance, Legal, Human Resources to complete above responsibilities.
• Identify and assists in the implementation of process improvement initiatives undertaken by the department.
• Perform quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley testing for compliance.
• Perform special projects and tasks as assigned.