At Vestas your achievements impact more than your career and our company: Together with your colleagues you produce Vestas' industry-leading wind turbines that make the world's energy production more sustainable today, and help preserve our planet for tomorrow.
You are "hands-on" in a safety focused, high-tech environment, working to create Vestas products to high standards for our customers around the globe.
Production Team Lead
Vestas Towers America, Inc.
- Understand, support, and communicate the Vision and Goals of the organization.
- Promote a Culture that supports Safety, Continuous Improvement, and Quality.
- Develop employees through coaching and mentoring in both individual and team performance.
- Ensure team members comply with Safety protocols and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations as well as Vestas policy and procedure.
- Plan and assign daily work of individual team members in accordance with CTQ's
- Ensure team members receive the mandatory and periodic training necessary for their positions.
- Evaluate individuals periodically and provide feedback on expectations and performance.
- Recruit and retain qualified employees.
- Identify opportunities for cost reductions and assist with development of long range plans.
- Identify and implement Continuous Improvement processes
- Provide accurate performance reporting (KPI's).
- Set individual goals for the team members around Safety, Quality, Productivity, Delivery, and Cost.
- Participate in cross-functional communication between shifts and between other production and support departments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor Degree in Management, engineering, or other Technical field preferred.
- 3 years of people management experience (supervisory) in a manufacturing facility.
- 5 years of experience in metal fabrication, assembly, maching, or related shop floor production.
- Strong computer Skills in MS Office, spreadsheets, and manufacturing control software.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, product drawings, and other manufacturing documents.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before external groups, customers, and employees.
- Ability to organize and plan tasks in alignment with company goals.
- Ability to create a safe work area
- Strong natural ability to lead teams
- Good sense for details
- High Degree of adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent work ethic, dependability, and dedication
- Personal desire to produce quality work
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This job is located in Pueblo, CO
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more the 55,000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 70 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of the total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.