The principal function of this position is to provide technical and administrative support to the Water Business Group in project works we undertake to improve both urban and rural environments.
The successful candidate will join an established and dynamic water engineering practice, working on a range of projects that make a difference to local communities. You will operate within a thriving Water and Environmental Management team which undertakes a wide variety of wastewater, drainage, flood risk, water resource and catchment planning commissions.
You will have the chance to assist in the delivery of our portfolio of projects working as part of an integrated and forward thinking team with the opportunity to learn from and assist key specialists.
Current projects, the type of which the successful candidate would be expected to contribute to in a technical capacity, include flooding and scoping studies for Scottish Water, Flood Risk Assessments, drainage strategies for North Somerset Council and Worcestershire Council, various surface water management plans and input to the United Utilies: C2V+ Design and Construct Framework. There will also be opportunities to work on the Environment Agency WEM programme of works in the Midlands and provide support to other regions throughout the UK and further afield.
You will be required to work as part of a wider team to assist with delivery on a variety of diverse tasks. Deliverables will make a vital contribution to projects as a whole. The successful candidate will work under the direction, and closely with, the assigned Project Manager(s), Design/Technical Lead(s) and other project delivery team members who will provide oversight and mentoring.
Specific tasks are likely to include; initial data collation and import, model build tasks, extraction and processing of simulation outputs, drawing production using GIS software and project document management.
Additional, more general duties, will incorporate providing assistance with:
- task delivery on projects through all phases of planning, execution, and closeout,
- technical input into drainage and flood risk management commissions
- review of wastewater/hydraulic modelling data
- option identification, analysis, assessment and appraisal
- outline design
- report preparation
- drawing production
- support of site-based activities (as required)
The role will also include:
- task management (budget, programme & quality),
- internal and external stakeholder interaction
- risk identification and management
- change controlThe minimum qualifications for this position are:
Applicants must have a desire to develop their knowledge, understanding and technical skills. They should possess and be able to demonstrate the following qualifications, skills and knowledge:
- 'A' levels (or equivalent) in Maths, Pure Sciences & Geography
- good written and verbal communication skills
- a high level of computer literacy
- creative and practical thinking
- the ability to design, plan and organise tasks
- good problem solving skills and a desire to find solutions
- flexibility as a team player, being able to work with different people and teams in the office and across other locations
- excellent motivation and enthusiasm
- good attention to detail
- An interest in geography and the urban environment
- A basic understanding of data management and databases
- GIS and computer programming skills would be an advantage
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
Job Location CH2M, Swindon
View on Google maps