Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
PG&E's Payroll Department is responsible for producing timely and accurate paychecks for 22,000
active employees and 21,000 pensioners. The Payroll Department complies with all employment
tax reporting and payment requirements and works closely with our business partners to respond
promptly and professionally to inquiries regarding payments and tax reporting. The department has
a staff of 22 employees dedicated to providing world class customer service and moving PG&E
closer to becoming the leading utility in the United States.
The Payroll Operations, Accounting and Tax team is responsible for handling payroll accounting,
overpayments, garnishments, tax filings and payments, and the execution of payrolls. The team
leads Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing and documentation relative to Payroll controls and
The Payroll Systems Analyst must be a quick learner, self-starter, flexible, organized, thorough,
comfortable with technology, and able to work in a fast paced, time and data sensitive work environment. The position requires diligence in attention to details and quality in addition to
maintaining focus under distracting work conditions coupled with a heavy workload. The ideal
candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate an ability
to work with many levels of staff within the Company. The Analyst must have strong analytical
skills, experience in account reconciliations, work a flexible schedule, and maintain good attendance.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Three years of recent relevant payroll and/or accounting experience
Desired Qualifications ---------------------------
• Demonstrated advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) and / or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
• Experience with US Payroll Tax filing and processing
• Demonstrated knowledge of SAP and / or other ERP experience
• Experience in documenting processes, creating desktop procedures, job aids, etc.
• Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, analytical skills
• Good research and resolution skills
• Ability to assess and recommend solutions
• Ability to prioritize, plan, perform, and communicate activities both in written and verbal form
• Reconciliation of General Ledger accounts or similar analytical experience
• Flexible work schedule that occasionally requires the ability to work non-standard schedules as
needed to accommodate business needs.
This position is intended to be multi-dimensional. As such, incumbents may be assigned work in
one or more of the following areas:
• Process payroll taxes.
• Reconcile General Ledger accounts
• Perform quarterly SOX testing
• Process overpayments
• Analyze and resolve moderate to complex payroll issues
• Perform testing/validation of solutions to SAP system changes / enhancements
• Perform special projects and tasks, as assigned
• Execute controls related to payroll processes
• Run ad-hoc reports in SAP and analyze payroll data
• Prepare and maintain process documentation and test scripts