Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
PG&E's Information Technology (IT) organization is comprised of various unified departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Enterprise Mobility Center of Excellence ("EMCOE")/SMARTworks is a new enterprise team that is responsible for working collaboratively with the lines of business to implement consumer grade mobile solutions across various user groups (e.g., field users, office workers, etc.). Our goal is to deliver solutions with an intuitive user experience that will improve employees' day-to-day tasks. We take the time to understand our partners' needs and translate those into solutions that will help each employee work efficiently. Establish/govern multi-year, integrated roadmap for mobility at PG&E.
We are a "start-up" department within IT and building a team of driven and creative mobile developers. You will take us from conception through implementation, build our framework to create innovative and scalable solutions, and will continue to improve as our future needs evolve.
The technology team within SMARTworks consists of a staff of highly skilled product managers, project managers, native application/platform developers, QA testers, and application/platform support resources.
Location: San Francisco
This position in the SMARTworks team will design, develop, modify, configure, and debug innovative mobility solutions by leveraging emerging technologies and trends on one or more mobile platforms (iOS and Hybrid frameworks) for the lines-of-business. Work with teams (including QA, product management and design) using the Scrum and Agile methodologies. Consults with business analysts and architects to understand, anticipate, and meet current and future business needs. Provides support for bug fixes, patches, minor enhancements, and service requests. Unit-test for robustness, including edge cases, usability, security and general reliability.
It is required that the successful candidate be a self-starter, quick learner, think independently, have the ability to collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders and support staff, and ensure that client satisfaction objectives are met. The successful candidate must be a safety champion and must be able to maintain and handle inventory up to 20 pounds. It is possible that approximately 10% travel may be required.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, Engineering or equivalent experience
• 1.5+ years of development experience, preferably in a mobile application capacity
• Technical knowledge of iOS mobile application development.
• Experience with third-party libraries and APIs,
• Programming experience in Swift, Objective-C or C++
• Experience with APIs (OAuth, XML, JSON, REST, etc.)
• Quick learner, with passion for new technologies
• Experience, ideas and opinions about emerging trends such as "Internet of Things"
• Self-motivated and drive for excellence
• Must love coding and be passionate about iOS
• Experience with unit testing frameworks and test-driven development
• Experience with bug tracking and source control
• Very strong debugging skills
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Experience with product management and Scrum software development principals and rituals
• Thorough understanding of synchronous vs. asynchronous calls
• Familiarity with mobile interfaces, mobile interaction guidelines and best practices
• Design knowledge of standards, trends, software development process and prototyping/design practices
• Someone who knows every trick in the book on UI transitions, network communication and memory/battery efficiency
• Understands the advantages and disadvantages of memory build options
• Experience with Jenkins, JIRA and SVN
• Asynchronous and non-blocking IO programming experience
• Hybrid development with PhoneGap or Cordova experience
• Knowledge of Cocoa Touch frameworks and design patterns
• Design/building of advanced applications for mobile platforms (iOS app/ Hybrid frameworks etc.), as well as, collaboration on design of new features. Designs and implements solutions that scale, exhibit elegant software design and ensure a great user experience
• Works with outside APIs and data sources, performs unit testing, troubleshooting/debugging apps, and participates in Agile/SCRUM meetings
• Provides leadership and creativity around innovation in service models, user interface and mobile user experience
• Work with platform team to define needs and APIs that will provide the best integrated experience
• Understands business requirements and applies them to programming and analysis. Follows and collaborates on existing Application Development Frameworks and Coding Standards
• May attend client meetings on behalf of team or manager. Collaborates with the project manager on project timelines, identifying critical path, resource assignments, risks, and dependencies
• Independently plans work to meet assigned general objectives; progress is reviewed upon completion and solutions may provide an opportunity for creative/non-standard approaches.