CH2M would like to recruit for our offices in Warrington a UU CDP Design Manager.
The purpose of the role is to manage the design of complex (£1m to £40m) schemes from tender to completion of construction. You will be utilising knowledge and experience to deliver innovative, sustainable solutions that deliver best overall value.
Just to get a flavour of the role, current commissions include:
• Oswestry WwTW refurbishment where we are introducing chlorine dioxide dosing process to treat water, a first time application in the UK for manganese removal.
• Anchorsholme Park Storage which involves the installation of a 30m diameter & around 30m deep underground stormwater storage tank, working with a major tunneling contractor implementing novel techniques.
These are in addition to a number of waste water treatment upgrades and conveyance systems that we are also currently working on.
Your key job responsibilities:
• Take the lead and responsibility for the overall coordination and production of the multi-disciplinary designs from tender to completion of construction.
• Manage the design team throughout the delivery period.
• Take responsibility for risk management.
• Take responsibility for client engagement and stakeholder consultation,
• Develop innovative solutions that deliver the clients brief.
• Adopt a proactive approach to innovation, sustainability and delivering cost effective solutions.
• Overall responsibility to manage the relationship of the whole project team including the client.
• Review the designs on a regular basis to identify potential design and build ability issues.
• Serve as mentor for more junior technicians.The minimum qualifications for this position are:
To be successful in your role, you will:
• Have as a minimum a BEng in relevant subject.
• Be a Chartered Engineer.
• Have significant experience of and a detailed knowledge of the UK Water Industry.
• Have a comprehensive Technical Construction knowledge.
• Have knowledge of BIM and its implementation.
• Be client focused to build long term relationships.The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Have proven experience of coordination and delivery to deadline and evidence of problem resolution in the process.
• Proven experience of producing accurate technical outputs.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location CH2M, Warrington
View on Google maps