Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Compliance Department provides an infrastructure that enables PG&E departments and employees to conduct business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and to effectively manage business and operational risks that face the organization. The Compliance team acts in a consultative capacity as a business partner and compliance expert to the entire organization, and sets the compliance standards and framework for the organization. Major activities of the compliance program include understanding the business environment, identifying and assessing organizational compliance requirements, ensuring that work processes are included within guidance documents, helping requirement owners develop effective controls, facilitating compliance management, and setting policies and standards, in line with compliance objectives.
The Program Development & Operations, Expert Analyst assists with compliance activities, providing support to compliance management, being a subject matter expert within the compliance team, and building strong working relationships across the enterprise.
Bachelor's degree in any of Management, Risk, Compliance, Business, Accounting, Finance, Behavioral Sciences or related discipline or equivalent experience
Minimum of seven years of experience in risk or compliance management, utility operations or related field
• Compliance certification
• Experience building compliance programs • Advanced research and issue resolution skills
• Able to present complex data and findings to internal audiences (including Managers, Directors and VP's across the company) in a cohesive, understandable and actionable format to department management
• Applies demonstrated knowledge and skill to resolve complex problems
• Ability to use proper analytical techniques to breakdown and solve complex problems
• Able to develop complex as is and to be process maps for risk and compliance processes and complex controls frameworks
• Ability to address complex strategic issues and take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
• Ability to identify and implement program and process improvement opportunities
• Ability to provide feedback and coach peers and leaders on risk and compliance issues
• Works independently, with guidance only needed on the most complex issues
The Program Development & Operations (PDO) Expert Analyst will report to the Manager of Program Development & Operations (PDO) and in this role will hold the following responsibilities:
• Principally responsible for assisting in the development and management of a multi-year roadmap for the enterprise compliance team's work, including the support of developing and tracking milestones for the program; supporting substantial benchmarking and developing leading metrics to understand line of business (LOB) compliance-performance; and enhancing enterprise-wide understanding and awareness of compliance.
• Assist with the continuous improvement of the compliance program, and will demonstrate innovative thinking focused on program strategy, controls development, compliance risk analysis, and mitigation and implementation.
The PDO Expert Analyst will:
• Assist in the assessment of compliance risk, help design controls and risk mitigation plans; develop compliance program strategies, templates and direction; and support business implementation of compliance program elements.
• Work as part of a team on complex compliance assessment issues with critical impact to the organization
• Assist in the anticipation of risk and compliance issues and develop innovative solutions to mitigate risks.
• Assist in the development and coordinate preparation of presentation materials for various levels of management, including senior vice presidents.
• Support strategic planning and decision making on compliance issues.
• Assist in the presentation of findings and help make recommendations to functional management, directors, officers and their employees.
• Provide system support and implementation of tracking systems, where applicable.
• Assist in the development of materials for, training and educating employees and leaders to ensure understanding of compliance requirements, risk management principles, internal audit issues and other needed items to support organization-wide awareness and facilitate enterprise or LOB behaviors related to compliance.
• Assist in the development of materials for compliance program maturity modeling, and support LOBs and the enterprise in assessing, goal setting and making progress in accordance with those models.
• Help to conduct relevant compliance-related benchmarking for the organization.
In addition, the PDO Expert Analyst may:
• Assist with strategic guidance and coaching to compliance risk owners to develop, help implement and monitor appropriate risk mitigation activities, controls and alternatives analyses.
• Provide subject-matter expertise and coaching related to compliance management.
• Assist established compliance management forums at the enterprise level.
• Provide support, advice, guidance and recommendations to compliance risk owners and senior leaders to ensure effective compliance risk management.
• Assist the integrated planning deliverables related to compliance.
• Assist across all levels of leadership across functions to influence decisions around compliance issues.
• Support and facilitate reporting, deliverable creation and coordination for numerous committees and the Board.
• Help develop compliance guidance documents and/or update guidance document management program.
• Assist the governing of compliance programs to provide management assurance.
• Support and facilitate LOB support and Session D support.
• Assist various compliance initiatives.
• Support Board and BPR reporting.
• Assist the creation of committee deliverables and help with committee coordination.
• Assist other compliance-related projects and activities as directed.