Do you find working with innovation with a global leader in wind energy a unique opportunity? Are you motivated by being at the technological frontier in a truly international environment characterized by high intensity and lots of challenges? And do you have an innovative mindset and broad business understanding combined with technical capabilities, enabling you to facilitate and challenge the development of an innovation portfolio? Then please have a closer look at this unique opportunity!
Technology & Service Solutions > Innovation & Concepts > Innovation Management
Innovation Management is a newly created department under the Innovation & Concept area that drives the Technology Strategy process within Vestas. Furthermore, the department is responsible for developing the innovation portfolio and thus ensuring sufficient perspective and innovation intensity to secure mid and long term competitiveness.
Innovation Management is also responsible for developing strong and competitive innovation processes and capabilities to support a strong and targeted innovation approach. You will be joining a team with high drive and intensity, determined on making a difference. We have a visible "can do" attitude and are not afraid to be different. We have the willingness to take high technical risks, because failures are one of the sources for groundbreaking innovations.
You will be overall responsible for driving the Technology Road Map ensuring that it represents a balanced portfolio in line with the direction of the Technology Strategy, and the chosen market directions.
In addition, your responsibilities will cover:
- Ensuring sufficient market perspective and innovation intensity/quality in the portfolio, in collaboration with very skilled engineers and technologists
- Using your combination of strong technical skills and commercial perspective to secure strong cross system perspective in our innovation road maps
- Performing technology scouting activities, deep diving into selected technology clusters and conducting landscaping and scoping activities - driven by your interest in how new technologies can be commercialized and solve customer challenges,
- Participating in setting up governance and portfolio principles for the innovation portfolio in collaboration with our portfolio management team
- You have a relevant engineering background, ideally combined with an MBA
- You have 5 years' experience within engineering disciplines and have ideally worked within research, innovation and traditional engineering.
- You have a keen interest in and passion for applying new technologies with a commercial perspective
- You have a broad technical understanding that enables you to challenge and support in the development of new technologies
- You are experienced within advanced analytics and modelling understanding how to deploy this is the technology development
- You have strong communication skills
As you will be working with a large group of stakeholders on all levels in the organization, strong stakeholder management is key to success in your job. You are experienced in leading teams and know how to drive and lead work through others.
You are ambitious and seeking a work environment where you can show your potential and are given room to grow. At the same time you know that it takes hard work and the right attitude.
Furthermore you have:
- an innovative mindset and a strong drive securing results, combined with strong collaboration skills acknowledging the "we are stronger than I"
- a keen interest in how to apply new technologies for a commercial perspective, and a cross value chain business understanding
What we offer
We offer you an exciting and challenging job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development within a leading company in wind energy. The position is an excellent chance for pursuing a career within innovation and technology development. You will be provided with a unique opportunity to really make an impact within an essential area in Vestas, being part of an international team, with a visible "can-do" attitude and a strong drive, working with innovation and breakthrough new solutions.
Work location will be at Vestas Technology & Service Solutions Headquarter in Aarhus, Denmark. You will work close together with colleagues globally in Vestas and partners and universities outside Vestas, so 20-30 days of travel per year must be expected.
For additional information on the position please contact Vice President of Innovation Management, Hanne Johansen xxxxxxx xxxxxxx.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.