At CH2M the Bridges business is committed to delivering major bridge schemes both in Poland and internationally. We have an impressive scope of works to deliver on a diverse range of bridge, railway and highway projects. We support major local authorities and developers in the UK in realising their bridge related projects. This is achieved through a fully integrated approach to project delivery and drawing on the services of all CH2M skill groups from locations throughout the region.
The principal function of the Senior Bridge Engineer is to project manage and lead a team that is responsible for the delivery of a range of challenging and ultimately rewarding projects. The Senior Bridge Engineer also to assist in developing the business and to mentor other members of staff.
The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing team, work across a broad range of projects, receive relevant training, develop technical and managerial capabilities and continue to progress their career in this industry with CH2M. We offer our staff the opportunities to travel across the UK and internationally.
• Delivering projects in English
• Responsible for project delivery and undertake the role of technical lead on a range of bridge related projects
• Undertake project or design management responsibilities on projects, including client and stakeholder liaison
• Lead and mentor bridge staff on tasks such as structural analysis, feasibility studies, tender designs, detailed designs and the production of contract documents and technical reports
• Apply your knowledge and skills in working together with the team and other disciplines in providing an integrated service to clients.
• Assist in the development of the team through the delivery of projects and commissions, providing technical and administrative support and leadership where required.
• Manage your time and those within your project team to assigned budgets and programme
• Use bridge design software such as AutoCAD, MIDAS, SAM, SuperSTRESS, SOFiSTiK etc
• Liaison with internal clients to develop relationships across the business and cooperation with engineers and designers across other disciplines
• Flexibility to work on international projects The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Relevant accredited engineering degree at Masters level.
• Good command of English
• Chartered bridge engineer of an appropriate professional body.
• Relevant experience gained within a design office particularly in the field of bridge design, analysis, assessment & inspection.
• Desire to mentor and coach those around you to ensure project delivery and advance the technical abilities of others.
• Proven track record of delivery of bridge and highway related projects and an ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
• Computer literate particularly with proprietary structural software, AutoCAD.
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
• Good presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work to time and budget.
• Committed, self-motivated and organized.
• Good communication, planning and organizational skills.
• Open and approachable nature.The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Knowledge and experience of Eurocodes, UK codes and standards (DMRB) and Network Rail design standards in the field of bridge engineering would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of the ECC form of contract (Project Manager, Supervisor roles) would be an advantage.
• Experience of stakeholder management would be an advantage.
- Long term project programs and work commitments.
- Employment contract.
- Attractive benefits package and flexible working hours.
- Personal development opportunities and possibility to work in a multicultural and diverse environment.
- Friendly atmosphere in a dynamic and developing team based on mutual trust and respect.
- Work in a group of talented and experienced engineers and world-class experts.
Job Location CH2M, Krakow
View on Google maps