The Operator will perform a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant including maintenance of equipment, quality control/testing and day-to-day activities on an assigned shift at our client site in Rio Rancho, NM.
The Certified Wastewater Operator I will perform a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant including maintenance of equipment, quality control/testing and day-to-day activities on an assigned shift at our client site in Rio Rancho, NM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs any combinations of tasks pertinent to controlling operations of the water treatment plant
• Operates, performs minor repairs, and maintains the wastewater treatment plant facility, and diagnoses operating problems and performs necessary corrective action
• Operates pumps, engines, and generators to control and adjust flow and processing of wastewater, sludge, and effluent
• Monitors gauges, meters, and control panels
• Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings and test results to determine process or flow adjustment requirements
• Operates valves and gates either manually or by remote control
• Maintains shift log and records meter and gauge readings as required
• Takes samples and performs laboratory tests and analyses
• Performs routine maintenance functions and custodial duties
• Works safely and adheres to established safety procedures
• Follows written and oral instructions
• Ability to carry and respond to pages as requested by management
• Ability and willingness to work on-call shifts, as requested, including being fit and able to respond to call-ins in a timely manner
• Performs other duties as assignedThe minimum qualifications for this position are:
• High school diploma or GED
• Possess a valid driver's license - State of New Mexico
• New Mexico Level III certification in Wastewater
• A minimum of two years' experience in operating water and/or wastewater treatment plants The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Possess a valid Class A or Class B CDL
• Four years' experience in operating water and/or wastewater treatment plants
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of water treatment plant operations; operating principles of valves, pumps, and motors; principles and methods of arsenic removal and analyses; effects and problems of industrial waste in water treatment processes; safe work practices
• Able to enter data into computer spreadsheets and data management systems
• General knowledge of computer operations
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, Rio Rancho
Rio Rancho, NM US
View on Google maps