Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing industry? Then take a closer look at Vestas.
Safety Officer (f/m) - Hamburg or Husum
Sustainability Department: Vestas Central Europe
The Sustainability Department is focused on making the world a better place today and also on protecting it for future generations. For this purpose we have Sustainability professionals working for Vestas in the areas of Safety, Environment, Corporate Social Responsibility and Security throughout the world. We are looking for a Health and Safety Environment (HSE) Officer to primarily support our projects in Central Europe. The HSE Officer will be reporting to Head of Sustainability - Central Europe.
- Field activities in offices, warehouses, construction and service sites (50%, mostly day trips)
- Implementation at country level of local sustainability legal requirements, and local sustainability strategy
- Creation of local sustainability documents (risk assessments, HSE plans, emergency response plans)
- Follow up of contractors/subcontractors, including mobilization/demobilization, post-work assessment and audits when needed
- Perform sustainability trainings
- Responsible to provide expertise and support in incident and hazardous observation investigation, as well as root cause analysis
- Perform site visits, inspections and audits
- Administrative tasks (20%)
- Set up of training requirements according to local legislation
- Definition of personal protective equipment
- Guidance to other departments in coordination of activities with subcontractors, handling of wastes and chemicals, emergency response, implementation of procedures and standards
- Lead and/or be involved in the sustainability committees, according to legal and Vestas requirements
- Consolidate monthly reporting on HSE indicators
- Support to Head of department in completing legal upgrade and analyses and operational requirements
- Internal and external (subcontractors) audits and follow up of action plans
- Maintain and support the ISO xxxxxxxand OHSAS xxxxxxxsystem
- Bachelor degree in Health and Safety or Engineering - mandatory
- Several years of professional experience within sustainability in an international work environment or fewer years in sustainability but high seniority in Mechanical / Electrical area - mandatory
- High proficiency in German and English is mandatory, other European languages would be an advantage
- IRCA Lead auditor in ISO xxxxxxxand OHSAS xxxxxxx- advantage
The ideal candidate would also have:
- In-depth knowledge of sustainability standards and best practices, quality ISO standards, concepts, processes and procedures
- High expertise in contractor/subcontractor sustainability management, including mobilization/demobilization, pre-qualification requirements and post-work assessment
- Expertise in hazard jobsite assessment/analysis/solution, risk assessments, incident investigation and root cause analysis
- Experience in development/implementation of processes and procedures, including comprehensive HSE Plans, as well as conducting inspections and audits
- Solid interpersonal, computer, presentation and collaboration skills
- Flexibility to travel to sites across the region is required (50%, mostly day trips)
What we offer:
We are a team of skilled and committed colleagues who are all enthusiastic about wind energy. We have a good atmosphere within the department and everyone is always prepared to help out when needed. You will have the opportunity to develop a career within a very exciting industry in a global company.
The primary work location will be Hamburg or Husum. Travel activity: around 50%.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.