Are you passionate about Project Management? Are you looking for a position within wind energy sector? Join Vestas and you will interact with all the different departments doing a visible impact in one of the most promising businesses, the Wind Energy.
SBU NEU > Construction > Project Managers
Vestas Northern Europe is a sales business unit covering Scandinavia, UK, Ireland, Poland and the Baltic's. We are responsible for the Sales function, Project, Installation and Service of wind farms throughout these regions. We strive to be the No. 1 performing business unit within Vestas, and we aim to make Vestas Northern Europe the best place to work.
The Construction department is responsible for the delivery of all signed projects within Vestas Northern Europe. The organisation is set up to handle the local markets and to have projects managers that understands the different requirements and conditions on the different markets, but also be capable of working with projects across borders as we are set up as an international department.
As Project Manager you manage the sales project from contract signed to delivery and hand over to the customer. You will be responsible for fulfilling the contract to the satisfaction of the customer. You will work closely with numerous functions such as Transport and Installation within Vestas to secure the project.
Your tasks will primarily be:
- Project management - planning, installation and conclusion
- Negotiations with customer, advisors, subcontractors and administration of contracts
- Planning and controlling of quality, time, finance and health & safety
- Calculation and making offers
- Participation in bid/contract reviews
The role is requiring an experienced candidate to be able to fulfil the complex project management demands.
On the personal level you are:
- Analytical and systematic in your approach to problems
- Diplomatic minded and you are capable of handling conflicts
- Focused on the detail without losing overview
- An extrovert personality and highly committed
- Empathic, and practise flexibility and situational leadership
- Able to get things done
- A university degree in engineering or similar
- You have a proven track record, and strong proven experience within project management preferable related to large scale construction experience
- Able to manage multi million euro projects and work under tight deadlines
- Good commercial awareness and project accounting skills, project economy, contract management - some good commercial acumen
- A natural leader with excellent communication skills and an ability to forge a team ethic. Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Experience in working with SAP would be a great advantage
- You master English orally as well as writing, and you have flair for and understanding of technical and commercial language
What we offer
We are a team of skilled and committed colleagues who are all enthusiastic about wind energy. We have a good atmosphere within the department and everyone is always prepared to help out when needed. You will have the opportunity developing a career within a very exciting industry in a global company.
You will be based either in Malmö, Sweden or in Warrington, UK.
Travelling activities, primarily within the Nordic region, will be expected.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.