Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing industry? Then take a closer look at Vestas. As Vestas grows into new markets, we are looking for strong leaders to help manage new opportunities.
Quality Inspection Supervisor
Supervises and coordinates activities of Quality Inspectors engaged in testing and inspection of products at various stages of production process.
Manufacturing and Global Sourcing, Blades Factory Windsor, Production Quality
The Production Quality Department supports the 24x7 operation of the factory by planning and conducting activities concerned with the quality assurance of industrial processes, materials, and products. The Production Quality Department tests and inspects products at various stages of the production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and ensure quality and reliability of blade products
- Promote workplace safety and educate employees on safety policies and procedures. Conduct safety walks and safety checks to identify and correct hazards. Investigate and complete reports on accidents, injuries, illnesses and near misses.
- Support Quality Engineering function.
- Interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confer with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Select products for tests at specified stages in blade production process, and test products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
- Record test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluate data and write reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Recommend modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Set up and perform destructive and non-destructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life or material characteristics.
- Management of tool calibration.
- Study production schedules and estimate Quality Technicians and Quality Inspectors hourly requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Oversee activities related to ultrasonic scanning of spars, including training new operators.
- Handle non-conforming product in the production process.
- Interface with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree.
- 1-3 years of work experience in a supervisory/people management role.
- Experience in Quality Control
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Project and Access) are required.
- Knowledge of Minitab an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Lean/5S concepts.
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written.
- Conflict resolution skills
- Effective decision making skills
- Basic analytical skills
- Cultural diversity awareness
- Ability to coach/motivate employees
- Organization skills
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position - The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and pushing and/or pulling up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and when assigned to NDT (non-destructive testing) the ability to differentiate colors. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- People Leadership
- Passionate and energetic
- Persistent & tenacity
- Customer focused
- Team focused
- Can do mindset
- Continuous improvement mindset
Directly supervises 25 to 35 hourly employees in the Quality department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and coaching employees; overseeing, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and employee development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Brighton, CO
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.