This position gives unique opportunity to become a part of a team in Northern Europe for a newly established department. You will have a full ownership of the people and project management. If you consider yourself to have a 'can-do' attitude as well as excellent communication and team management skills, this would be an ideal role for you! Interested? If so, please apply.
SBU NEU Construction BoP
Vestas offers you challenging career opportunities within a global organisation. As a world leading supplier of wind power solutions, we have delivered more than 41,000 wind turbines in 65 countries. Over 20,000 employees are eager to welcome new, dedicated colleagues on our journey to a more sustainable future. Would you like to join us?
As HSE Professional your main responsibility is to secure effective HSE management on the construction site to deliver the realisation of a "Zero Accident Culture". Your work will take place on a 14/14 day rotation pattern across construction sites located in the NEU region, ensuring proper HSE management of in-house and third party staff.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Support the project manager and site management team in driving a "Zero Accident Culture".
- Assist project management in specific procedural documentation to be provided to technicians for use in their daily job requirements.
- Lead the Contractor Safety Program - HSE Operating Model and initiatives on site.
- Initiate all HSE alerts and drive incident investigation to closure through identification of root cause(s) and contributing factor(s) as well as assist in making amendments to work instructions in order to prevent future incidents from occurring.
- Ensure development and conveyance of site induction program
- Provide a proactive approach to identifying potential safety risks and assist in development of strategies for resolution.
- Possess an understanding and knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulations, region specific HSE manual including, but not limited to, site safety rules, code of safe practices, emergency response plans and environmental policies.
- Reporting of incidents and pertinent information to regional QSE and NEU management.
- Ownership for and functionality of site Emergency Response Plan.
- 90% time in field, 10% time in office.
- Climb turbines to perform observations.
- Support daily tool box meetings and de-briefs with subcontractors and site management team.
- Lead and participle in on-site weekly team safety meetings.
- Oversee safety at ports or other remote project sites.
- Support project team through site set-up, installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning and any service and/or repair of the turbines.
- Assist with any other procedures in efforts to maintain a safe work environment at all times.
- Provide lessons learnt and contribute to performance development initiatives.
- In addition to these duties, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Ideally a Bachelors' degree or Advanced Technical degree in Health & Safety Engineering related field, however extensive relevant experience and other H&S qualifications (NEBOSH) may also be applicable
- Solid, proven history of experience within wind, energy, industrial or civil construction
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
- In-depth knowledge of HSE standards and regulations for the identified country / region.
- Proficiency in contractor / subcontractor HSE management, including mobilization / demobilization, pre-qualification requirements and post-work assessment.
- Proven expertise in jobsite hazard assessment / analysis / solution, risk assessments, incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Development/implementation of processes and procedures, including comprehensive EH&S plans.
- Experience in conducting inspections and audits.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Have the ability to work as part of a high performing team, but also work autonomously when required.
- Strong drive and goal oriented
- Self-motivated and "hands on" approach
- Customer focused
What we offer
We are a team of skilled and committed colleagues who are all enthusiastic about wind energy. We have a good atmosphere within the department and everyone is always prepared to help out when needed. You will have the opportunity developing a career within a very exciting industry in a global company. A competitive salary and benefits package are on offer.
The head office for the sales business unit Vestas Northern Europe is located in Malmö, but your work will take place on construction sites all over the NEU region. Therefore, in this position you should anticipate a high level of travel activities across the NEU region.