Does Wind power mean the world to you? Are you a Construction Manager looking for a new challenge? Vestas is looking for someone to manage and drive performance with a strong focus on safety. Individuals must have high reliance on people management skills, P&L savvy, customer service excellence, and a great team builder.
Vestas American Wind Technology
Construction Management - US & Canada
Successfully meets/exceed key objectives and performance in the areas of safety results & behavior, execution excellence, team alignment/engagement/motivation, customer loyalty and financial performance. Maintains a highly effective team that is focused on continuous improvement and achieving high-level results. Success is measured against Key Performance Indicators, organizational objectives/initiatives, team motivation/performance, and meeting customer commitments.
- Monitors project schedule, ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met.
- Defines site level safety practices and protocol in alignment with organizational standards. Ensures safety procedures are followed and work site is safe for all employees, customers, subcontractors and the public. Champions the journey to an incident, injury and illness free culture and environment. Maintains close partnership with the Health, Safety and Environment department.
- Supervises on-site personnel, equipment, and subcontractors.
- Establishes and maintains highly effective relationships with the customer and internal partners. Pursues "ambassador" status with their customer(s) and a site that is focused on customer loyalty excellence.
- Understands wind turbine technology and basic work practices to help drive efficient cost effective team models that drive customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the project site budget and operational efficiency (drives down cost/MWH). Establishes the most effective and efficient staffing model to meet operational objectives. Manages costs that impact the bottom line. Implements initiatives that improve efficiency and effectiveness. Responsible for liquidated damages mitigation.
- Ensures site data is updated and processed in a timely manner in the appropriate information systems for reporting and tracking purposes including summary of construction progress.
- Responsible for accurate documentation for billing and providing support for efficient accounts receivable.
- Inspects work during construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant corporate policies and programs such as fleet vehicles, site documentation and employee training.
- Responsible for the management, effectiveness and efficiency of site assets (vehicles, equipment, tools, office, etc.)
- Oversees inventory of tools, spare parts, and consumable usage on the site to insure accurate accounting for site material usage.
- Represents Vestas values and champions high standards of performance. Coaches, mentors and develops technicians.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or equivalent a plus.
- 5 years of experience as construction or project manager, project lead, or other management experience, preferably in a related service, industrial or manufacturing setting.
- Technical background required, especially in Substation, electrical instrumentation, hydraulic or rotating heavy equipment. Effective knowledge of technical drawings and schematics. Ability to understand and utilize detailed technical information to solve complex problems.
- Strong business sense; understanding of the impact of decisions on project budgets.
- Strong knowledge of safety procedures and management.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a high performing team / operation.
- Excellent leadership skills. Demonstrated ability in coaching, mentoring, motivating and developing employees to achieve a highly aligned, motivated and engaged team.
- Effective change and conflict management. Proven decision making ability with balanced risk taking. Ability to apply expertise to get results.
- Functions effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands and is capable of multi-tasking.
- Proven ability to facilitate multiple groups to work together to address challenging and complex problems.
- Proven continuous improvement and quality methodology skills including root cause analysis / closed loop corrective action and Lean concepts. Proven issue resolution and structured problem solving methodology. Drives improvement in existing products and services to better meet customer needs.
- Previous budgeting cost management and scheduling experience. Background in business fundamentals and solid business financial knowledge preferred.
- Experience scheduling, administering and managing projects to achieve successful outcome.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve Customer Loyalty Excellence through effective relationships and demonstration of value differentiation. Very effective negotiation and customer service skills.
- Strong PC computer skills (MS Office) required, MS Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Primavera Project Management preferred. SAP knowledge highly preferred.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand drawings and schematics to validate work activity and ensure that risks are identified and mitigated.
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate working knowledge of industrial safety practices / protocols.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels. Problem solving and process improvement capabilities.
- Uses independent judgment and decision-making to plan and prioritize work and develop plans/objectives within areas of responsibility.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, climb stairs, hearing ability to use close range radios, visual acuity including depth perception, field of vision and the ability to distinguish between colors, ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl as needed, as well as hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Ability to climb ladders to heights of 60 to 100 meters and supervise work in confined space environments.
- Ability to hold Vestas internal certification in required safety programs that include LOTO, Electrical, Fall Arrest & High Angle Emergency Decent, and Confined Space.
- Valid driver's license, passport and ability to travel as needed to meet business objectives.
- Flexibility related to work places (full-time travel to be expected)
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is a remote position and can be located throughout the US.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more the 51,000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of the total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.