Are you passionate about pursuing a career in a sales organization, working with wind power projects in Central and Eastern Europe and Sub-Sahara? Are you looking for a position with wide-ranging scope and high business impact? Join Vestas Central Europe as a Commercial Specialist Value Engineering and become a part of a sales organization within Vestas. As a Commercial Specialist in Sales Value Engineering you will work in a matrix organization and interact with many different stakeholders across the Vestas organization.
Commercial Specialist (f/m) - Hamburg
Vestas CEU - Sales Value Engineering Department
Vestas Central Europe is a Sales Business Unit of Vestas Wind Systems A/S responsible for Sales, Project Construction and Service in Central Europe, Eastern Europe and Sub-Sahara. The Commercial Specialist function is anchored in the Sales Department but works together with other functions to deliver on Vestas "profitable growth" strategy. Commercial Value Engineering in Vestas means creating and applying commercial, technical, and financial solutions to secure an enhanced competitive position, maximize value for our customers and profitability for Vestas.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- You will be the focal point for systematic pursuit of value-creating opportunities in our customers wind projects, translate opportunities into enhanced competitive positions and maximize value for our customers and profitability for Vestas
- You will develop pricing and positioning strategies and deliver input to capture plans
- You will analyze customer needs and identify value creation opportunities in projects to enhance Vestas value proposition and competitiveness
- You will assess and understand market developments, customer needs and identify value creation opportunities
- You will prepare strategic and commercial analyses and recommendations for Vestas management
- Master or Bachelor degree in Economics, Engineering or Business Management
- Experience in wind industry or in the energy sector is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Several years of relevant work experience, including in the area of commercial / technical sales
- Experience with value based selling, project management or price analysis / optimization
- Strong analytical competencies and ability to transform complex issues into business propositions
- Thrive in a challenging and dynamic work environment
- Strong business acumen and solid understanding of project life cycle economics
- Able to build strong relationships / networks and communicate with conviction
- A team player and high performing individual with the desire to win
- Fluent in English - both spoken and written
- Powerful IT skills, in particular building and using economic and math models in Excel
What we offer:
You will be part of a project-orientated organization with a positive and inspiring work environment. You will be offered an attractive compensation package due to your qualifications and the demands of this position.
Primary work location: Hamburg
You can apply online by clicking on the "Apply Online" button at the top or bottom of this page.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.