Vestas - American Wind Technology has an immediate opening for a NCR Specialist, to join our Denver, Colorado warehouse team! Who would like to work for a leading wind energy company? It's a great opportunity to join our team!
Office environment but will be expected to partner with the Shipping and Receiving team for resolution of issues. This includes working on the warehouse floor. This person will need to perform audits of stock on hand and work independently in the warehouse to perform RCCA. This is an individual contributor role which will execute and oversee the quality of Supply chain outputs. This includes the resolution of NCRs (non-conformity report) and associated quality discrepancies in outputs and identifying root cause and corrective action process execution to prevent future recurrences.
- Works under general supervision of Warehouse Manager and in partnership with Order Handling team in ensuing internal and external customers' discrepant product needs are addressed in a timely and accurate manner. . Functions as the primary information source for Order Management team and various company locations when quality issues occur.
- Following established guidelines will act as subject matter expert and key point of contact for the resolution and Root Cause Corrective Action analysis (RCCA) for quality discrepancies in the Supply chain distribution network.
- Supports the creation of policies and procedures to prevent re-occurrence in NCRs. Uses multiple methods of analysis to distinguish the source of errors. This will involve complex transactions and skills in SAP and other enterprise software systems.
- Acts as quality assurance specialist and conducts quality assurance audits in the facility to assure company standards are maintained and product integrity is preserved. Consults with management to resolve quality, production and efficiency problems.
- Functions as an information source for Procurement, Inventory control and Order handling teams to resolve product discrepancies that are based in manufacturing, supplier or distribution errors.
- Wide breadth of internal communication and interaction with internal/external customers and team members within the business unit.
- Requires a high level of independent decision making and follow through to optimize service and control costs.
- Perform data analysis to track and monitor NCR resolution. Duties and tasks will vary in complexity and require problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to internal customers, peers and other involved parties.
- Generates and resolves inventory scrapping and stock adjustment procedures for discrepant material according to established processes and procedures.
- Supports transportation team in expediting shipments and resolving freight claims.
- "Other tasks as assigned" to support special business needs and projects that do not always impact main functions of role.
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering, and/or similar discipline (can substitute with 4-6 years of job related experience).
- Formal training in quality management systems and continuous improvement processes required. This includes training such as 6 Sigma and Lean principles.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in quality systems, warehousing or distribution networks.
- Essential skills: Strong Excel and data analysis skills, ERP supply chain systems such as SAP, basic understanding of transportation and distribution networks and methodology, understand technical drawings and specifications.
- Inventory Control Systems experience desired
- Must be able to speak and read English fluently
- Essential behaviors - customer focus, cooperation, continuous improvement, working in a team setting, flexibility.
- System skills - Microsoft Office, SAP WM module, intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to achieve forklift operation certification.
- Travel required as an essential element of job is less than 10%.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in the Denver, CO area.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.