Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing industry? Then take a closer look at Vestas. As Vestas grows into new markets, we are looking for strong leaders to help manage new opportunities. Vestas looks to accelerate innovation through the development of our employee's skills and talents.
Vestas American Wind Technology
Technical Sales Support - US & Canada
The primary objective of the Sales/Application Engineer is to support Firm Order Intake by reviewing, validating and enhancing the technical aspects of all projects in the relevant Vestas region. The Sales/Application Engineer is responsible for the coordination of technical support related to the prospecting, qualifying, and closing of sales.
- The primary purpose of this role is to support Sales by validating and enhancing the technical viability of wind turbine sales agreements and by ensuring the execution of requirements in a timely fashion, optimizing performance & cost variables to maximize contribution margin for Vestas and minimize risk.
- Direct technical support for internal stakeholders and secondary support for customers in ensuring the most competitive technical solution is offered and accepted.
- Liaison to Technical Sales Support and other functional areas within Technology for further technical support needed for the region. Manage responses and ensure timely response and world-class customer service to internal and external customers alike.
- Monitor customers' technical concerns and region specific requirements. Engage locally with customers and key stakeholders in order stay apprised of the market and how, from a technical perspective, Vestas might improve its offerings and service in order to drive sales.
- Ensure competitive technical tender, including technical due diligence material and technical sales bid, is developed, documented, verified and readily available for the Vestas SBU.
- Support Sales by responding to Technical Due Diligence questions and requests for proposals.
- Partner with key sales and engineering stakeholders to ensure that all relevant enhancements and cost-out opportunities are explored for each sales opportunity while maintaining customer, Vestas, and operational requirements.
- Provide technical sales support across different turbine platforms offered for the region, including product presentations to clients, business case development, and preparation and analysis of tailored technical solutions.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise during negotiation and review of technical aspects in sales contracts.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate release of information on products and technical services to the Vestas SBU.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical or Structural)
- Master's degree a plus.
- Well organized and demonstrated project management skills.
- 4 years minimum wind industry or related industry experience.
- Strong PC computer skills (MS Office) required, MS Office - Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Valid driver's license, passport and ability to travel as needed to meet business objectives.
- Highly self-driven with demonstrated accountability and ownership. Functions effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands. Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities. Demonstrates a sense of urgency in meeting goals.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and quality methodology skills. Effective issue resolution and structured problem solving methodology. Drives improvement in existing documentation development across multiple functions and departments within Vestas.
- Ability to understand technical language and to recognize and differentiate technical issues, and translate needs to the Vestas value proposition for a customer.
- Excellent English communications skills (verbal, active listening, written, meeting management, presentation).
- Eligible to work and travel internationally.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Portland, OR
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more the 51,000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of the total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.