This position gives unique opportunity to become a part of a team in Northern Europe for a newly established department. You will have a full ownership of the people and project management. If you consider yourself to have a 'can-do' attitude as well as excellent communication and team management skills, this would be an ideal role for you! Interested? If so, please apply.
SBU NEU Construction BoP
Vestas Northern Europe is a sales business unit covering Scandinavia, UK, Ireland and Poland. We are responsible for the sales, installation and service of wind farms throughout these regions. We strive to be the No. 1 performing business unit within Vestas, and we aim to make Vestas Northern Europe the best place to work. Combined, the ambitions will make sure that Vestas stays a leader not only in Modern Energy, but also in employee and customer satisfaction.
The Construction Department is responsible for the delivery of all signed projects within Vestas Northern Europe. The organisation is set up to handle the local markets and to have HSE Professionals that understands the different requirements and conditions on the different markets, but also be capable of working with projects across borders as we are set up as an international department.
As HSE Professional your main responsibility is to secure effective HSE management on the construction site to deliver the realisation of a "Zero Accident Culture". Your work will take place on a 14/14 day rotation pattern across construction sites located in the NEU region, ensuring proper HSE management of in-house and third party staff.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Support the project manager and site management team in driving a "Zero Accident Culture".
- Assist project management in specific procedural documentation to be provided to technicians for use in their daily job requirements.
- Lead the Contractor Safety Program - HSE Operating Model and initiatives on site.
- Initiate all HSE alerts and drive incident investigation to closure through identification of root cause(s) and contributing factor(s) as well as assist in making amendments to work instructions in order to prevent future incidents from occurring.
- Ensure development and conveyance of site induction program
- Provide a proactive approach to identifying potential safety risks and assist in development of strategies for resolution.
- Possess an understanding and knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulations, region specific HSE manual including, but not limited to, site safety rules, code of safe practices, emergency response plans and environmental policies.
- Reporting of incidents and pertinent information to regional QSE and NEU management.
- Ownership for and functionality of site Emergency Response Plan.
- 90% time in field, 10% time in office.
- Climb turbines to perform observations.
- Support daily tool box meetings and de-briefs with subcontractors and site management team.
- Lead and participle in on-site weekly team safety meetings.
- Oversee safety at ports or other remote project sites.
- Support project team through site set-up, installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning and any service and/or repair of the turbines.
- Assist with any other procedures in efforts to maintain a safe work environment at all times.
- Provide lessons learnt and contribute to performance development initiatives.
- In addition to these duties, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Ideally a Bachelors' degree or Advanced Technical degree in Health & Safety Engineering related field, however extensive relevant experience and other H&S qualifications (NEBOSH) may also be applicable.
- Solid, proven history of experience within wind, energy, industrial or civil construction
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
- In-depth knowledge of HSE standards and regulations for the identified country / region.
- Proficiency in contractor / subcontractor HSE management, including mobilization / demobilization, pre-qualification requirements and post-work assessment.
- Proven expertise in jobsite hazard assessment / analysis / solution, risk assessments, incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Development/implementation of processes and procedures, including comprehensive EH&S plans.
- Experience in conducting inspections and audits.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Physically capable to climb WTGs
- Have the ability to work as part of a high performing team, but also work autonomously when required.
- Strong drive and goal oriented
- Self-motivated and "hands on" approach
- Customer focused
What we offer
We are a team of skilled and committed colleagues who are all enthusiastic about wind energy. We have a good atmosphere within the department and everyone is always prepared to help out when needed. You will have the opportunity developing a career within a very exciting industry in a global company. A competitive salary and benefits package are on offer.
The head office for the sales business unit Vestas Northern Europe is located in Malmö, but your work will take place on construction sites all over the NEU region. Therefore, in this position you should anticipate a high level of travel activities across the NEU region.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.