Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing industry? Then take a closer look at Vestas. As Vestas grows into new markets, we are looking for strong leaders to help manage new opportunities. Vestas looks to accelerate innovation through the development of our employee's skills and talents.
Sr. Specialist, Corporate Counsel
Vestas American Wind Technology
Legal & Contracting - US & Canada
Legal & Contracting Department
The Corporate Counsel provides legal support for Vestas, the leading global provider of wind power plant solutions, in the United States and Canada. The department facilitates: drafting, reviewing and negotiating wind power plant sales, operations and maintenance, and other related agreements; effectively managing external counsel where necessary; interacting with global legal and business colleagues on multi-jurisdictional transactions and initiatives; and advising clients on complex transactions and interesting legal issues. This position will support Vestas' sales business unit headquartered in Portland, Oregon but also may support other business units throughout the United States as needed.
- Draft, review and negotiate complex agreements that accurately reflect the commercial and legal decisions and comply with company guidelines and preferences.
- Effectively manage external counsel on fast-paced and demanding sales and service transactions.
- Analyze complex situations and provide practical, timely and accurate legal advice.
- Work closely and effectively with General Counsel, senior management, other company lawyers and employees of all levels and cultures within a global organization.
- Exhibit excellent judgment and possess strong leadership, decision-making, analytical, and communication skills.
- Develop and implement programs to educate and train business teams on legal issues.
- Develop and implement systems, processes, guidelines and forms to increase the efficiency of the delivery of legal services.
- Assist in setting and implementing strategic goals and tactics.
- Perform other duties as required.
- J.D from an accredited law school, admission to state bar, and ability to practice law in Oregon.
- At least seven years of experience practicing law.
- Knowledge of commercial law and experience with complex transactions.
- Client service orientation.
- Strong negotiating, drafting, and communication skills.
- Flexibility with travel based on company needs and objectives.
- Experience in the energy, capital equipment, construction, or technology industries. (Preferred)
- Familiarity with project finance principles. (Preferred)
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate within all levels of a global organization, as well as with external customers.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
- Ability to prioritize among competing urgent matters and allocate resources for maximum impact.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and apply legal principles, facts and precedents to recommend adoption of an effective, practical and proper course of action.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Portland, Or
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more the 51,000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of the total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.