Are you ready to build and develop sourcing strategy together with global team of dedicated professionals? We have an exciting opportunity for candidates eager to fully drive their own categories. If you would like to learn more, please apply!
Vestas Northern Europe is a sales business unit covering Scandinavia, UK, Ireland, Poland and the Baltic's. We are responsible for the sales, installation and service of wind farms throughout these regions. We strive to be the No. 1 performing business unit within Vestas, and we aim to make Vestas Northern Europe the best place to work.
Vestas Global Sourcing is overall responsible for all supply chain management activities within Vestas Wind System A/S, including leading cross functional category teams, negotiations, cost out initiatives, category strategy development and implementation, quality and delivery performance, supplier relationship management and supplier account management.
The category for which the Purchaser is needed is Plastic and Elastomer. The responsibility within this area consists of more than 200 suppliers and a multiple number of items.
You will form part of the Plastic and Elastomer team within Covers, Plastics and Blades Components and will global category responsibility for different component groups including responsibility for development of Category Strategies and responsibility for the KPI deliveries.
- Working closely with the Plastic and Elastomer team and key stakeholders you will be responsible for:
- Optimization the current supply base including the cost base.
- Ensure best in class performance and supply chain setup.
- Cooperate together with the category team, consisting of members from R&D, Production Engineering and Quality, working across different business units within Vestas, as well as drive, develop and implement category strategies.
- Drive continuous improvement programs both internally and at the suppliers with special focus on total cost saving initiatives, supplier optimization and component standardization.
- Ensure adherence to KPI's set by Global Sourcing in regards to safety, quality, cost, delivery, innovation and sustainability.
- Lead selection, qualification, negotiation and contracting of potential suppliers within the category, as well as participate in development projects.
The successful candidate
- Knowledge or experience working with Plastic or related industries.
- Relevant educational background with a degree in either Supply Chain Management, Finance/Accounting, Sales/Marketing or Engineering.
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience within strategic purchasing.
- A strong analytical, structured and fact based approach.
- Excellent communication skills including fluent English skills (both orally and in writing).
- Advanced within PPT, Excel & Word.
- To succeed in this role, you must:
- Systematic and structured approach.
- Have a high drive and a natural curiosity.
- Have an open approach to encourage stakeholder inputs and a structured and fact-based approach to secure ideas are prioritized and implemented.
- Be a team player and persistent to secure the successful implementation of the initiatives you lead.
Furthermore, we are looking for a candidate with:
- A holistic and positive mindset: you are able to see the big picture from Vestas product offerings towards customers and the ability to connect these to supplier offerings and how they can positively impact Vestas sales and cost out programs.
- You are not afraid to challenge the status quo
What we offer
We offer you an exciting and challenging job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development within the leading company in wind energy. You will be provided with a unique opportunity to set your foot prints within an essential area in Vestas. You will be an integral part of an international team, with a 'can-do' attitude and who are keen to make a difference.
Your primary work location will be Warsaw, Poland.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.