Do you want to be part of the high-paced, international work environment of Vestas, the global leader in wind energy, now is your chance! Your achievements change the world's energy mix and help preserve our planet for future generations.
Financial Engineering and Deal Structuring Specialist
Vestas Americas Service - US & Canada
Assists business development and sales teams with expertise and analysis on M&A opportunities, financial deal structuring, wind park economics, customer finance, project bankability and pricing.
- Financial Deal Structuring and Screening
- As the subject matter expert for the Sales Business Unit, support Sales team in developing individual solutions for Customers that value financial support.
- For the North American market support and interface with the Global Deal Structuring function, including proposal development and the creation, development & maintenance of relationships with financing sources (investment & development banks, institutional investors, private wealth investors, trust funds, etc.).
- Provide guidance and financial evaluations on M&A opportunities for Vestas development and business.
- Develop and pitch opportunities to potential suitors
- Point of contact with seller/buyer during the due diligence process
- Fully understand and expand the principles and understanding of Value Based Pricing including underlying (wind) energy market fundamentals and wind project finance
- Ensure that projects adhere to the principles of Value Based Pricing
- Become a super user of the Value Based Pricing model and represent Vestas Americas in the Global Pricing Program
- Lead financial literacy efforts of sales organization
- Interface with Product Management as the advocate for the North American market in the development of the new products.
- Screen prospective projects; evaluating initial customer returns on a given site, off taker and regulatory framework.
- Support the sales force with recommendations as to whether the project should be pursued
- Prepare initial bids
- Ensure the optimal price that balances Vestas requirements and customers' target rates of return,
- Assess and incorporate information of customer's financing structure and required rate of return
- Technical analysis: Assessment of customer's business, analysis of balance sheet, cash flow, and P&L
- Competitor bids:
- Determine the price that a possible competitor will have to bid in order for it to return similar returns as the Vestas bid
- Assist in determining possible elements in a competitor bid, taken into account the particular market and the competitive intelligence available
- Assist in identify any additional value factors that might be used in the bid
- Assure that any additional value factors are priced into the bid, and evaluated from a customer perspective including contractual terms and conditions
- Determine expected customer returns
- Evaluate whether Vestas bid is realistic in relation to price ceiling and competitor bids
- Evaluate the impact of the service contract offered
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Master's Degree (MBA, M.Sc.) required
- Minimum of three years of professional work experience from finance or banking sector, e.g. investment banking, asset management, real estate investment, project financing
- 3 years specific experience in business development, commercial sales and/or sales operations OR specific project financing, market research/intelligence OR a combination of sales and market research experience
- Expertise in energy investment analyses, incl. discounted cash flow, NPV/IRR and portfolio analyses
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet cost and schedule commitments.
- Understanding of wind product line for units and services preferred
- Market, contract, and system/process knowledge.
- Strong customer relations and problem solving skills.
- Leadership and managerial experience preferred.
- Strong System Skills - SAP, Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to perform under high pressure and changing work environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Portland, OR
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.