Do you want to be part of the high-paced, international work environment of Vestas, the global leader in wind energy, now is your chance! Your achievements change the world's energy mix and help preserve our planet for future generations.
Sr. Business Development Manager
Vestas Americas Service - US & Canada
Vestas Americas is seeking a Sr. Business Development Manager who will be responsible and accountable for origination and execution of growth initiatives in the North American market, including M&A, co-development and other new strategic business opportunities.
- Develop and originate new business development opportunities for North America.
- Successfully assess new opportunities based on his/her thorough understanding of the North American energy business, including markets, technology and competitors; be able to quickly identify attractive opportunities and decline unattractive opportunities
- Review and analyze market opportunities and develop recommendations with the support of the Market Intelligence function. Successfully collect and analyze due diligence information with the support of Business Development and Legal functions
- Execute attractive growth opportunities, including negotiating with commercial counterparties, government entities, and other stakeholders on projects / transactions
- Successfully advocate internally for growth opportunities, including completion of internal investment approval memos and presentations to the Investment Committee and Board of Directors
- Liaise with all internal stakeholders as required to gain sign off and approval at appropriate milestones
- Complete internal corporate requirements for reporting on the development of growth opportunities
- Ensure all active opportunities are entered and maintained in CRM system to facilitate the pipeline building and forecasting effort
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a developer in the energy industry
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or a related field required. MBA or similar is preferred.
- Has strong experience in and understanding of the North American power sector, including legal / regulatory aspects, market environment, competition, stakeholders, counterparties, and other areas that impact growth initiatives
- Has a strong network of relationships among key stakeholders in the market / industry, the development process and a working knowledge of the interconnection process
- Has strong knowledge and capabilities in all the aspects of project development, including power sales, commercial markets, EPC, permitting, transmission, fuel supply, project financing, contracts, land acquisition, and financial analysis
- Can manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Understands financial models, risks, rewards, and what drives value in greenfield projects / M&A opportunities
- Has in-depth know how in developing, negotiating, and executing complex project agreements
- Is a good behavioral fit. Desired characteristics include being results driven, teamwork oriented, analytical, creative, and fun.
- Can be an effective spokesperson and public representative for Vestas Americas.
- Exceptional financial and commercial understanding
- Strong experience of project origination, option and feasibility analysis
- Leading projects through financial close
- Experience of project structuring including tax and accounting requirements
- Strong negotiating and problem solving skills with emphasis on attention to detail.
- Highly numerate and computer literate, very competent in the use of MS Office packages particularly Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to react quickly to changing business and project needs
- Capable of making sound strategic and operational decisions through analyzing data, focusing on customers and commercial awareness.
- Willingness to embrace culture change aimed at improved business and team performance.
- Strong team player with whatever it takes attitude
- Willing to travel regularly (min 50%)
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Portland, OR
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.