Are you looking for a new opportunity within a growing industry? Do you have Industrial Machine Maintenance experience and are looking for the challenge of supporting a fast-paced factory environment? Then we are looking for your skills at Vestas, the leader in Wind Power.
Machine Maintenance Technician - Towers
Vestas Towers America, Inc.
The Machine Maintenance Technician is a member of the Machine Maintenance Department that is responsible for servicing and maintaining production machinery, in support of the manufacturing processes for producing wind turbine towers in our Pueblo, CO factory.
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment by following all safety protocols and performing routine housekeeping and workplace organization.
- Assist with the troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of production machinery and equipment.
- Support production in connection with any technical issues.
- Identify, request and periodically order parts needed to maintain equipment operation.
- Can effectively work with the use of computers to access the EAM system as well as other functions.
- Operate material handling equipment, overhead cranes and rigging to safety accomplish tasks.
- Communicate daily with advance Techs, Team Leads and Lead Coordinator with machinery repairs needs.
- Standing and or walking for periods up to 4 hours.
- Frequent heavy lifting of up to 75 pounds from floor to shoulder height.
- Use of hand tools and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Kneeling, squatting, and climbing on, in and around equipment.
- Operation of hand-held tools.
- Will work night shift with alternating weekly schedule.
- High School graduate/GED.
- Associates degree within required technical and/or engineering related disciplines and/or a minimum of 2 years work experience from similar job.
- Will consider a completed apprenticeship program of no less than 4 years within related fields.
- Good overall communication skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics, drawings and technical documents.
- Must have strong technical abilities with mechanical & electrical equipment.
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Ability to work in a systematic and structured manner.
- Must be familiar with a work order system.
- Ability to pass pre-employment reading, math, and locating information assessment.
- Able to speak, read and understand English.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a heavy industrial work environment, with loud machine noise from production floor and machinery, exposure to welding flash and grinding sparks. Heavy mechanical and electrical equipment hazards apply.
- Desire to work night shift on continuing basis.
- Ability to create a safe work area.
- Strong Natural Ability to Work in Teams.
- High Degree of Adaptability & Flexibility.
- Excellent Work Ethic, Dependability & Dedication to Team/Company.
- Personal Desire/Value to Produce Quality Work.
- Must be quality minded and detailed oriented.
- Service minded personality.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This job is located in Pueblo, CO
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more the 55,000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 70 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of the total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.