Are you currently in search of an interesting topic for your thesis that brings together theory and practice? Welcome to ABB! Offering the very best in professional support, we look forward to assisting you during the final stage of your degree course. And beyond your studies? ABB is also the place to be if you're looking for exciting career prospects once you have completed your degree.
Dry-type transformers are often self-cooled by natural convection or cooled by forced air flow. An innovative flow and design concept is developed to improve the cooling effect in drytype transformers. The present work is going to focus on the optimisation and improvement of the cooling concept with the help of simulation and experimental studies.
- Theoretical study and benchmarking of common and innovative
- Mechanical design and CAD plotting of the cooling system.
- Thermal design of the air and heat flow of the new cooling concept with CFD simulation.
- Analysis on the effect of newly developed design and concept on the temperature rises of transformers.
- Experimental study on the new transformer cooling design with respect on the temperature rises.
- Candidates will currently be studying Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Electronic Engineering.
- You have a strong interest in theoretical study, data computing and design of innovative ideas.
- Programming skills and experience in CFD (Open-FOAM, or similiar ones) are of advantage.
- Basic knowledge of thermodynamics and heat transfer is required.
- A fluent command of German or English, both written and spoken, is equally important.