We will support you in the final phase of your master's degree course. Compile your practically-oriented thesis with us, and seize the opportunity to gain insights into an international group. ABB will provide you with wide-ranging, professional and expert support to bring your thesis to a successful conclusion. The financial support we can offer includes a utilisation bonus for your thesis. You are interested in software technologies and want to apply them in a challenging and fascinating environment? Then join our international team of highly motivated researchers to develop the foundations for the next generation of ABB automation systems.
ABB provides hardware and software for control systems used to operate a multitude of industrial facilities, e.g., factories, power plants, ships and mines. Many of the embedded systems are implemented based on proprietary real-time operating systems (RTOS) with no standardized abstractions. This work aims at the modelling and implementation of a generic RTOS abstraction for embedded systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- In this thesis you will evaluate the state of the art in RTOS abstractions.
- You will create a new RTOS abstraction based on your findings.
- You will implement your RTOS abstraction for one of ABB's embedded systems.
- You will test and validate your implementation on different operating systems using real-world applications.
- You will work in close collaboration with our team and present your work and results.
- You are a highly motivated student of computer science or a related field looking for a master thesis or an internship for at least six month.
- You have experience developing in C/C++.
- Experience in developing for Unix/Linux and optionally POSIX.
- As a good communicator, you have sound English skills in speaking and writing.