An exciting role awaits you within our EPC Solutions unit at the company's site in Mannheim, Germany. You will deal with the contractual and technical aspects of complex EPC projects in both domestic and international markets. Displaying the confidence required in this field, you will lead contractual negotiations and draw on your professionalism to address even the most difficult issues when approached by customers. This is your chance to join ABB as a Contract and Claims Manager (m/f).
- Your strengths will lie in the ability to handle multifaceted tasks relating to contract and claims management - from analyzing contracts and contributing to negotiations to enforcing claims where applicable.
- Drawing on your demonstrable knowledge of contract law, you will be adept at asserting legitimate claims towards our customers and repelling claims with the necessary resolve in unjustified cases.
- You will also identify the contract baseline (including terms and conditions, specifications, drawings, estimate, proposal, schedule and other documents incorporated in the contract) and highlight areas of potential risk.
- In addition, you will verify that both parties to the contract have fulfilled their contractual obligations and there are no responsibilities outstanding.
- Further, you will enforce and defend ABB's contractual interests against customer and suppliers during the whole of a project life cycle, including monitoring and assessment of changes and deviations, as well as defending and enforcing claims.
- Your technical expertise will be required when it comes to identifying and assessing deviations from or delays to construction targets.
- As a key point of contact for Project Management and other specialist departments, you will provide assistance with contractual correspondence and draw up claims strategies for the respective projects.
- An essential element of this role will be to remain fully focused even in challenging situations, which may also involve meeting up with customers at short notice to address key issues.
- Demonstrating a keen sense of initiative, you will drive forward claims strategies and strategic processes with regard to contract and claims management.
- To be considered for this role, you will require a solid degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering.
- Alongside experience in Project Management/Contract Management for international large-scale projects, you will also require expertise in contract standards (FIDIC, Orgalime, etc.) and project scheduling.
- This position calls for the ability to discuss contractual issues fluently in English and German, which will also include the process of closing deals.