Are you keen to chart new territory and gain valuable hands-on experience during your studies? Take the first step! As an intern at ABB, you can look forward to a range of fascinating projects. With this in mind, you should allocate at least three to six months for your internship. And beyond that? ABB is also the place to be if you're looking for exciting career prospects once you have completed your internship.
The positions for internships or degree theses in the area of "Industrial Sensor Technology" can be manifold depending on the applicant's skills and interests, e.g.:
- Physical modeling and simulation of mechanical sensors, voltage / current sensors and autonomous measurement systems.
- Evaluation and testing of sensor components.
- Design and build-up of test set-ups.
- Experimental characterization of technology demonstrators.
Interns at ABB are high potential students with a strong interest and motivation to apply their knowledge and skills to current challenges in industrial sensing.
The successful applicant will meet the following criteria:
- You are a fully matriculated student of physics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, process engineering, mechatronics, or similar.
- Experience in measurements techniques, electronics, physical modeling and FEM simulation, mechanical design, or related fields.
- Knowledge of tools such as LabView, Abaqus, Ansys, COMSOL, SolidWorks, ProE, MATLAB, or similar.
- Fluent command of German or English, written and spoken.