The ABB Global Business Services - Information Systems organization (GBS IS) is a unique unit working on infrastructure services and software development which supports business processes of ABB across the world. Everyday a team of talented developers, infrastructure experts, project managers and other specialists works on advanced IT solutions which improve efficiency of our company. Currently we are looking for candidates for a position of Global Domain Architect for Project Management and Documentation Applications to join our team.
• Analyze and understand technology, innovation and market trends, and determine their potential impact relevance to ABB;
• Oversee or consult on application architecture implementation and modification activities, particularly for new and/or shared business application solutions;
• Understand and apply business economic considerations to the (development of) target application architecture and roadmap;
• Be regarded and act as an authority across ABB in this area of expertise;
• Guide and coordinate the business application Solution Architects to ensure consensus based enterprise solutions that are aligned with business application architecture roadmap;
• Work closely together with all stakeholders regarding expectations, business and technical requirements, and in accordance with Group IT policies, procedures and guidelines;
• Enable the Group to invest in the right and appropriate business applications which help to standardize the IT environment, reduce operational cost and create value for the business;
• Direct or indirect involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that steer the selection, development, implementation and use of business applications within the company;
• Contributes to enable full inter-operability between the various business application and infrastructure architecture domains.
• 10+ years of experience with project management and documentation processes and applications, in particular:
- Project (portfolio) management methodologies and solutions such as Primavera, Planisware, MS Project, Planview;
- Document, content management and publishing solutions;
- Document archiving solution;
• Strong analytical skills and a deep understanding of the overall context of business processes and technologies;
• Experience in leading IT people who do not report directly;
• Capable of identifying and resolving issues between team members or other teams;
• Able to translate business requirements into IT capabilities and solutions;
• Experience in objectively evaluating solutions and making recommendations;
• Experience in project planning and execution as well as economic aspects of system management and life cycle;
• Degree in information management, computer systems, business engineering or similar;
• Fluent spoken and written English.