Help deliver safe, reliable and extremely competitive integrated facilities management services that focus on enhancing the life-cycle and performance output of our clients' assets.
Our Buyer jobs provide you with an opportunity to act as an agent to our client, by procuring goods and services in support of the client's indirect sourcing needs for assigned project. Each day, you will serve as the project procurement representative, knowledgeable of client indirect sourcing guidelines, and will effectively negotiate pricing and terms, procure and ensure timely delivery of goods and services in accordance with CH2M corporate strategies and work collaboratively with internal and external team members to achieve client objectives. You should be a self-motivated professional with a related college degree, at least five years' experience supporting procurement related functions, and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each Buyer job.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication and presentational skills, a thorough understanding of procurement and/or supply management, and a demonstrated ability to negotiate contract pricing and terms.
• Work on site at our client's industrial facility, providing the highest level of integrated procurement services and support. Prepare bidder lists, qualify bidders, prepare requests for quotation, and conduct bid evaluations.
• Recommend source selections, participate in purchase order negotiations, and prepare and issue purchase orders.
• Purchasing assignments typically will consist of lower value, non-critical materials.
• Obtain necessary reviews and approvals of bidder exceptions, bid evaluations, recommendations, purchase orders, and change orders prior to execution.
• Utilize established policies, procedures, systems, and tools to assure maximum contribution.
• Evaluate facts surrounding purchase order-related problem areas, determine the most appropriate remedial actions, and implement such actions through available means.
• Administer assigned purchase orders, including change order processing, contractual compliance, invoice verification, and performance evaluation.
• Identify and advise management of purchase order-related risks.
• Prepare project bid documents, organize and lead pre-bid meetings.
• Ensure contractor supplier certifications are current, valid and meet if not exceed client insurance and safety guidelines.
• Support procurement activities for assigned project(s), including creation and execution of bid utilizing competitive bidding systems (online and "best and final").
• Negotiate terms and pricing according to client indirect sourcing guidelines.
• Manage client budget for project procurement activities, including meeting client annual cost savings / deflation goals.
• Distribute order requisitions to assigned buyers and associates, as appropriate.
• Ensure orders are placed, processed and materials/goods delivered according to project quality, timeline and budget guidelines.
• Develop and maintain supplier and client relations.
• Approve and/or document corrective actions pertaining to supplier invoices for payment, in a timely and efficient manner
• Work collaboratively within a team environment, effectively communicating with internal and external team members and in accordance with company objectives, policies and procedures.
• Are proficient in MS Office including Outlook, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
• Display exceptional communication and customer service skills in daily email, phone, and face to face interaction with client representatives and suppliers. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum 6 months' experience in a procurement, purchasing, buyer, or related role; may include internship experience
• Bachelor's degree in business management, or related; or additional 2-4 years' experience in lieu of degree
• Minimum 3 years' experience utilizing the MS Office Suite
This position requires additional screening required by our client. Client site access requires proof of US Citizenship.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, Cincinnati
Cincinnati, OH US
View on Google maps