For our growing Software Development Centre we are currently looking for candidates for a position of System Analyst who will be part of the agile development team. System Analyst will participate in functional definition of complex architecture components. The analyst is also expected to be first source of functional information to the team acting as Product Owner. Great opportunity to cooperate with a large international team that drives new ideas and projects in ABB.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter who has solid technical knowledge and enjoys designing and testing quality products. We are looking for someone who is flexible, inquisitive, deadline focused, team focused, easy to work with and a good communicator.
The role is accountable for the following activities:
• Analyze requirements and designs to fully understand solutions and recommend improvements;
• Communicate with analysts, software engineers and architects regarding design approaches and modifications;
• Serve as focal point for relationship between product management and development;
• Create detailed technical specifications and data models for development of new products or modifications to existing products;
• Takes responsibility for product improvement acting as Product Owner;
• Manage product backlog;
• Verify functionality of all new and modified features is complete;
• Track issues and confirm resolution;
• Develop technical knowledge as necessary in order to maintain and update skills;
• May occasionally require travel;
• May participate in the development of product documentation;
• Other duties may be assigned to support the organization and its goals.
• Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in computer science, information sciences or a related field;
• Four plus years related experience;
• Strong analytical skills and experience;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Good understanding of core software development processes and principles;
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as functional and technical specifications in English;
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and documentation;
• Ability to speak and effectively present information and respond to questions from stakeholders;
• Experience in Agile software development methodologies;
• Experience in embedded software systems;
• Knowledge in standard remote control protocols (IEC101/104, DNP3, MODBUS) is a plus;
• Knowledge in legacy protocols (ICCP, CDC-II) is a plus;
• Knowledge in network communication (PPP, VPN, Dial-Up, TCP/IP) is a plus;
• Experience in real-time operating systems is a plus;
• Cyber security (Certificates, Encryption, user account management) is a plus;
• Application programming (PLC) is a plus;
• Substation Automation experience is big plus.