Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Information Technology (IT) organization is structured to support PG&E's core function of providing reliable gas and electric transmission and distribution services that will result in delighted customers, energized employees, rewarded shareholders and environmental leadership. IT functions are to design, develop, operate and maintain the information and telecommunications systems that enable the Company to meet its commitment to customers: Keeping the Lights on and the Gas Flowing, Delivering at a Reasonable Price, and Providing Simple and Convenient Options.
Technology Planning and Architecture (TP&A) practice is a centralized architecture group. The group supports PG&E's affordability and reliability goals under the architecture mandate of Reuse, Rationalize and Enterprise. The Solution Architecture practice delivers the technical architecture leadership to ensure implementation of quality solutions. With the efforts of our dedicated people, and a commitment to teamwork and continuous communication, the TP&A group is able to offer and continuously improve on the following core services:
• Delivery high quality solutions
• Enable Architecture Build Process
• Develop Technology Standards
• Assure Reliable and Reusable Assets
• Explore, Prototype, and Validate
Line of Business (LoB) solution architects oversees the portfolio technology architecture for the specific business technology portfolio(s) to which they are assigned. The LoB Solution Architect acts as the primary contact for the business technology group (BT). LoB Solution Architect advances the strategic TP&A architectures, technologies, and standards and acts as the technology partner to the BT Leadership. The solution architect in this role assume the role of a technical consultant for the assigned portfolio(s). He/she embraces, evangelizes and enables the architecture mandate of Reuse, Rationalize, Enterprise across the portfolio(s). LoB Solution Architect is also responsible to ensure technical soundness of recommended solutions while orchestrating appropriate TP&A resource involvement for various initiatives within the portfolio.
A Principal Solution Architect is someone with broad IT experience across technology. Successful candidates will possess hands-on experience with a wide range of environments, platforms, operating systems and technologies. Ideal candidate has lead multiple projects in various capacities, while delivering excellent customer service.
As the technology expert for Energy Supply and Corporate Services portfolios, the Principal Solution Architect (SA) ensures successful delivery of the existing IT Energy Supply and Corporate Services Portfolio projects, as well as planning of the 2017 projects (and beyond). The SA is responsible for understanding the technology landscape, define end-state architecture and roadmap for Energy Supply and Corporate Services portfolios, driving and aligning technology projects to business capabilities, providing technical insights to the Business Technology Leadership of both the portfolios, identifying commonalities amongst projects and reducing costs.
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, information technology or related field, or equivalent work experience; certifications are highly regarded.
• Demonstrated expert knowledge of Architectural Practices.
• Hands-on experience and strong understanding of technology.
• A minimum of 10 years work experience. A minimum of 7 years of experience in designing and delivering technology solutions in multiple technologies.
• Expert in the solution architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices
• Exposure to a process improvement discipline (e.g. Six Sigma) used within a technology supported business process implementation
• Process design, information modeling and / or system solution architecture development with project or portfolio focus in at least one of the following: Application Architecture, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Information Architecture, Data Management, Security, or Infrastructure technologies
• Operational support for applications, systems, or infrastructure Experience with enterprise architecture tools Experience providing direction to design and engineering staff
• Experience providing direction to one or more architects
• MA/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field
• Understanding of the Utility Industry and how technology is used within business processes
• Architecture Certification (TOGAF, Zachman, DODAF, etc), Security
• Certification (CISSP, etc), IT Delivery Certification (ITILv3, etc)
• Good planning and organizational skills; detail and process-oriented; able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
We are looking for a senior thought leader with the following skills:
• Absolute confidence with technology and technical architectures, as well as practical adaptation and functional deployment of enterprise technology solutions. • Strong cross-domain and cross-functional knowledge that will enable design of the best possible technology solutions.
• Ability to identify architecture components for reuse across the enterprise.
• Ability to depict the enterprise information conceptually, logically and physically.
• Familiarity with IT development and delivery methodologies.
• Ability to achieve a high-level understanding of the business and the business priorities, strategies and current capabilities.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other stakeholders.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels; ability to communicate complex, technical concepts to executive staff, business sponsors and technical resources in clear concise language that is the parlance of each group.
• Excellent customer service track record.
• Strong customer management and negotiation skills and the ability to mediate opposing viewpoints and articulate the advantages of a technology solution.
• A dynamic and engaging presentation style that commands respect, inspires confidence and earns trust.
• Strong leadership skills in the technology domain and a high level of drive, initiative and assertiveness.
• Ability to manage deadlines and deliver quality artifacts.
• Must have the ability to work with multiple computing platforms, including hardware and software; maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and best in class industry business trends and practices
• Collaborates with various stakeholders and multiple teams to own the on-time delivery of a high quality end-product for the customer
• Develops and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. Communicates (oral and written) recommendations and findings to high level leaders and officers.
• Acts as a subject matter expert and thought leader, and applies extensive unique expertise.
• Provides advanced consulting and guidance during the detailed design, build, test, and deploy phases of IT projects.
• Defines and owns portfolio architecture blueprint and information repositories, as well as provide governance support.
• Participates in Forums, working groups, steering committees and discusses experience.