ABB provides industry leading software and deep domain expertise to help the world's most asset intensive industries such as energy, utilities and mining solve their biggest challenges, from plant level, regional network scale, to global fleet-wide operations. At ABB, it's the people that matter most - to us and our customers. Which is why we're always looking to add more talent to our team. Knowledge is critical. Drive is essential. Creativity is the key. Currently we are looking for a candidate to work in our Enterprise Software Research and Development Center in Krakow. If you are a Senior C/C++ Developer with power system modeling experience willing to develop in an international environment, then this is an opportunity for you!
The role is accountable for the following activities:
• Designing and developing complex enterprise class software
• Follow best software development practices to ensure high quality product and adherence to design objectives
• Be a member of a cross discipline team, using agile development methodology that requires active participation in all team's activities, focusing on a common goal
• Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
• Experience with power system modeling and operation, optimization techniques and numerical analysis methods is desirable
• 4+ years of experience in C and C++
• Knowledge in key infrastructure technologies: operating systems, networking, databases
• Familiarity with analytical tools, such as Load Flow, Contingency Analysis, State Estimation, Economic Dispatch and Power Systems Simulators etc.
• Experience with Fortran will be a plus
• Effective team player with excellent communication skills
• Agile methodologies knowledge is an asset
• Good oral and written communication skills in English