ABB provides industry leading software and deep domain expertise to help the world's most asset intensive industries such as energy, utilities and mining solve their biggest challenges, from plant level, regional network scale, to global fleet-wide operations. At ABB, it's the people that matter most - to us and our customers. Which is why we're always looking to add more talent to our team. Knowledge is critical. Drive is essential. Creativity is the key. Currently we are looking for a candidate to work in our Enterprise Software Research and Development Center in Krakow. If you are a Business Analyst with power system modeling experience willing to develop in an international environment, then this is an opportunity for you!
The role is accountable for the following activities:
• Analyze customer requirements and design cost effective solutions
• Communicate with Product Management, customers, other analysts and development team regarding design approaches and modifications to fulfill customer needs
• Produce Functional Specifications consisting of customer requirements, decomposed into design requirements
• Gain domain and solution knowledge to take responsibility for product improvement, acting as Product Owner
• Demonstrate new functional capabilities to the Customer
• Transfer domain knowledge to the team
• Write the associated documentation
• Bachelor or Master or Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
• 3+ years of experience with power system modeling and simulation, analysis and operation, optimization and numerical analysis methodology
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience with analytical tools, such as Load Flow, Contingency Analysis, State Estimation, Economic Dispatch and Power Systems Simulators etc.
• Candidate must be self-motivated and be able to produce effective results within scheduled budgets and tight deadlines
• Ability to work within strict procedures and software development standards
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English