Join us now in the exciting journey of the company's expansion and seize the unique opportunity to take an active part in shaping the development of the new global organization. You will have the opportunity to work in a high-paced international environment and grow together with the rapidly developing business.
The job holder and their team will be responsible for day to day Trade Management of ABB's Trade operations within the TMC. Focus will be placed on ensuring full Trade Compliance via policies, procedures, controls and systems.
• Manage a team including 3rd party providers to ensure strong country engagement and performance, delivering a consistent and best in class trade management program;
• Manage, source, select, train and retain quality staff;
• Manage, monitor and execute the use of SAP GTS modules;
• Manage, monitor and execute the use of Amber Road, Trade Automation;
• Negotiate agreements with and manage trade compliance third party providers, including but not limited to: Customs brokers, external consultants;
• Develop and maintain key performance metrics for the ABB organization and 3rd party providers of trade related services;
• Review performance on a monthly basis to drive performance in focus areas;
• Proactively address compliance concerns to support the reliable and timely movement of ABB products and materials;
• Collaborate closely with ABB's Regional Trade Operations Manager and legal teams to ensure trade and compliance related issues are identified and communicated across the business;
• Research customs and regulatory requirements for all new origins and destinations including but not limited to import licenses and registrations , valuation, royalties, documentation, import restrictions, and labelling requirements;
• Proactively identify, monitor, and communicate new or potential legislation that could have legal, operational, or financial impact to ABB;
• Direct National customs audits and coordinate responses to government agencies;
• Coordinate and execute internal audits of ABB, including all subsidiaries and affiliates, to ensure compliance with local customs rules and regulations and internal ABB directives;
• Manage operational execution of tactical trade management related functions;
• Manage customs related programs including but not limited to: Free/Foreign Trade zones, IPR, BTI (Binding Tariff Rulings) bonded facilities, antidumping duties, tariff quotas, pre-classification, C-TPAT, AEO;
• Communications and coordination with product group and business unit managers/stakeholders regarding the trade compliance obligations of ABB's global activities, realization of potential duty saving programs and the regulatory/duty implications of specific supply chain scenarios.
• Advanced knowledge of Customs regulations, including valuation, classification, and special trade programs;
• Must have a minimum 5 years work experience in customs and trade affairs;
• Must have experience of leading a team;
• Experience reading, interpreting, and applying government regulations related to trade compliance;
• Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple time sensitive tasks in a dynamic environment;
• Strong written and verbal communications skills;
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
• Advanced desktop computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Outlook required;
• Must be able to work independently with a high degree of motivation and initiative;
• Requires leadership qualities and drive to work and advise the business. Should be recognized as a technical expert;
• Must have strong analytical skills;
• Must be able to work effectively with others and build relationships;
• Requires strong interpersonal skills, as the position frequently interacts with internal and external customers, customs brokers, legal counsel, trade groups and government agencies;
• Fluent English.