For our growing Software Development Centre we are currently looking for candidates for a position of developer / system analyst who will be part of the agile development team. Design and develop software product applications for ABB delivering systems to large electrical power utilities. The candidate must be able to work independently and also a team member. Good understanding of domain and requirements is needed. Great opportunity to cooperate with a large international team that drives new ideas and projects in ABB.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter who has solid technical knowledge and enjoys designing, coding and testing quality products. We are looking for someone who is flexible, inquisitive, deadline focused, team focused, easy to work with and a good communicator.
• Participate in C++ applications and communication protocols development;
• Follow determined programming standards for software products;
• Analyze detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify software product.
• Verify functionality of all new and modified features is complete.
• Develop technical knowledge as necessary in order to maintain and update skills.
• Build, configure and maintain infrastructure of the system.
• Deploy, configure and test system on the real equipment.
• Require ability to travel.
• May perform on-site client work. .
• Other duties may be assigned to support the organization and its goals.
• Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in computer science, information sciences or a related field.
• Four plus years related experience.
• Experience in real-time operating systems (LinuxRT, VxWorks);
• Experience in embedded software development including system deployment and configuration;
• Knowledge in C/C++;
• Strong analytical skills and experience.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Good understanding of core software development processes and principles.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as functional and technical specifications in English.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and documentation.
• Ability to speak and effectively present information and respond to questions from stakeholders.
• Knowledge in standard remote control protocols (IEC xxxxxxx5-101/104, DNP3, IEC xxxxxxx, MODBUS, ICCP)
• Knowledge in legacy remote control protocols is a plus.
• Knowledge in network communication (TCP/IP, PPP, VPN) is a plus.
• Knowledge in analog communication (V.24, leased line modems, analog modems) is a plus.
• Application programming (IEC xxxxxxxis a plus.
• Substation Automation experience is big plus.