Our Operations & Maintenance Assistant Wastewater Project Manager will be provided a great opportunity to work at our Gilroy Facility located in Santa Clara, CA, just 25 miles south of San Jose. Responsibilities will include working with project leadership and staff to assist in supervising the daily O&M activities as well as working with the Project Manager to learn the O&M systems and tools to provide superior client support.
Our Assistant Project Manager "APM" will organize and direct the operations, maintenance modification, and improvement of one or more water and/or wastewater treatment plants and appurtenant facilities. The APM will analyze operational process control procedures, maintenance procedures, and institutes changes when necessary to achieve full compliance with all regulatory agency water quality and solids disposal requirements as defined in the service contract with the client. The APM will be responsible for accurate operational records and prepares reports required by the client, all regulatory agencies, and facility manager. Strong communications both written and verbally, with supervisors and subordinates is a key part of this role. Budget and financial skills w. The APM will work closely with all of the employees at the project and will establish cooperative relationships with subordinates, vendors, contractors, and all others contacted during work assignments. Assumes responsibility of facility manager in the absence of the Project Manager. This is a position which we will groom our employee for the next step of assuming a Project Management position at this site in Gilroy.
• Responsible for the administration and technical support of one or more Wastewater treatment plants
• Exercises direct authority over all facilities' functions and personnel in accordance with approved policies and procedures
• Provides personnel training (regulator, labor law, compliance) and performs personnel evaluations
• Inspects Wastewater facilities, analyzes and evaluates O&M functions, reviews records and data, interviews and selects new O&M personnel, initiates or recommends new or improved Wastewater O&M methods or practices
• Develops plans and procedures to ensure that facilities operate within permit limits as an integrated system
• Recommends additions or improvements to the treatment facilities and analyzes their cost effectiveness
• Prepares monthly reports of O&M and compliance for the client as well as all regulatory agencies and prepares, reviews, and approves operations reports and budget requests from subordinate department heads
• Assists in the preparation of specifications for major equipment and material purchases
• Performs personnel evaluations and initiates personnel actions such as hiring, terminations, promotions, etc.
• Maintains effective communications and working relationships with employees, the client, consultants, and the general public
Basic Qualifications: The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• High School Diploma or GED
• 6 to 8 year's experience in the operation and maintenance of water or wastewater facilities, four of which must have been at the supervisory level.
• Capable of obtaining a CA Wastewater License Grade IV (4) license within four (4) years of time of hire.
• Successful completion of all pre-employment contingencies.
• Clean Driving Record with no major infractions (MVR will be run) The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- 4 year degree from University
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, Gilroy
Gilroy, CA US
View on Google maps