CH2M we know life moves fast; and each day the pace picks up. From increased population to growing global businesses, as part of the Transportation Group, you will be providing solutions that help keep the world in motion. Whether it is aviation, highways and bridges, transit and rail, or ports, you will be working on the most challenging projects, leaving a positive impact for generations to come. Ready? Let's Get to Work.Project Manager, Transit (Bus) Systems
CH2M requires a project manager to support our bus engineering team. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 10 years' related experience delivering and managing automotive projects within the industry.
This position performs a variety of tasks related to management of projects and programs for CH2M's clients. The qualified candidate is responsible for ensuring project deliverables are in conformance with applicable standards and codes, as well as company policies and procedures. These projects and programs are aligned to the strategic markets and underlying business objectives of the firm.
The incumbent is responsible for the delivery of multiple small projects or a medium project. Technical, Financial, Strategic, Team and Client/External Stakeholder Levels of Complexity are typically all minimal to average.
The incumbent provides motivation and direction to the project team(s). This position requires excellent communication and negotiation skills to guide, influence and convince others and interacts with multiple departments and business groups.
The successful candidate shall have;The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Has demonstrated the capability to manage small projects of minimal to average complexity.
- Has a demonstrated understanding and application of the knowledge and skill required of a project manager.
- Acts as one of the company's prime contacts with the client and is responsible for overall work progress and technical performance on the project.
- Works closely with BG project delivery leadership or other senior project manager/operations leaders who provide oversight and mentoring.
Specific duties include:
- Leads and manages the project team through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout, consistent with established project delivery processes to the meet the scope, schedule, budget and other specified requirements stated in the contract.
- Completes the scope of work to the satisfaction of the client, while simultaneously ensuring that CH2M's HS&E, quality, financial, risk management; business and policy expectations are met.
May play a role in the business development activities leading to the award of the contract.The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
This role is client facing and as such requires strong communication skills. In addition to the experience above, the successful candidate shall demonstrate the following;
- Strong report and specification writing skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Ability to multitask
- Be able to apply working knowledge to deliver unique solutions to clients
- Proven track record of delivering complex projects on time and on budget
- Excellent Microsoft Office and Project Skills.
The specific industry related experience required for this position includes the following:
- Procurement of new vehicle fleets
- Overhaul of vehicles
- Failure trending
- Fleet improvement programs
- Working knowledge of bus Electrical Systems such as; multiplex, intelligent transportation systems, fire suppression systems and fare collection is an asset
- Knowledge of bus power plants and alternative fuels (diesel, CNG, hybrid, electric bus, fuel cells) is an asset
- Bachelor's degree in applicable engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience is required, of which preferably 5 years is in project management roles
- PMP or equivalent is preferred.
Job Location CH2M, Toronto
Toronto, ON CA
View on Google maps