The Challenge? Help support our Transportation clients and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
This position performs a variety of commercial, financial and project management tasks related to commercial management of projects and programs for CH2M's clients. The qualified candidate is responsible for verifying project deliverables are in conformance with applicable standards and codes, as well as within project time scales. These projects and programs are aligned to the strategic markets and underlying business objectives of the firm.
The incumbent is responsible for supporting the delivery of multiple multidisciplinary complex transit infrastructure related projects involving road, railroad, track system, transit station buildings and bus terminals, parking garages, bridges and other transit related projects.
The incumbent has high level of knowledge of multiple subject areas or disciplines in transportation sector; especially experience in the contract administration (cost, commercial and claims management) of major transit construction projects. As well as a thorough understanding of business objectives, priorities and strategy for infrastructure projects; and understands industry practices and competitors.
This role has a demonstrated understanding and application of the knowledge and skill required in support of a client's project management team; and is familiar with most of the technologies and delivery methods and models such as DB, and Alternative Financing and Procurement.
Essential in the role in 10 years of "hands on" commercial / construction management of multi-million dollar construction projects especially in the transit industry.
This position requires excellent communication to support delivery of the project and interacts with multiple departments and business groups.The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Has detailed knowledge and practical experience in the construction of large transit infrastructure projects
- Has demonstrated the capability to manage large projects or programs of above average complexity in the transit industry
- Acts as one of the company's prime contacts with the client and is responsible for overall work progress and technical performance on the program.
Specific duties include:
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Leads and manages the commercial team through all phases of the program and project mobilization, execution, implementation and closeout consistent with established program delivery processes to the meet the scope, schedule, budget and other specified requirements stated in the contract.
- The scope, schedule, and budget commitments are defined in the contract. Criteria of strategic importance to the client are often included in the contract as well, and typically define additional commitments required of CH2M to achieve delivery success (e.g. HSE criteria, quality criteria, critical path milestones).
- Completes the scope of work to the satisfaction of the client and key stakeholders, while simultaneously ensuring that CH2M's HS&E, quality, financial, risk management, business and policy expectations are met.
- Has excellent communication skills and demonstrates the ability to develop and manage multiple relationships with key stakeholders at an executive level
- Leading a team of 20-30 people
- Demonstrate proactive leadership and staff management skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to present to team and client management and executive teams
- Demonstrate staff mentoring and training skills
- Leads the commercial management of major construction projects in accordance with best industry practice including:
- Developing and maintaining all contract administration registers including claims
- Developing and negotiating strategies for managing claims
- Managing all actual costs incurred across a large program
- Ensures compliance with all client process and procedures within this field
- Proven record of progressive experience in transit/transportation commercial and construction management
- Commercial and construction management experience with major transit providers (e.g. Metrolinx, TTC or other transit authorities or local municipalities).
- Understanding of complex contract administration topics, claims and other related disciplines involved in infrastructure and transportation projects.
- Able to interact with clients at an executive level, establish relationship and articulate complex concepts.
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, Construction or Project Management
- 15+ years of relevant experience is required.
- P.Eng., RICS, PMP or equivalent would be a benefit
- Experience with DB or AFP contracts is an advantage.
- Minimum 10 years (15 years preferred) of proven commercial or construction management in the field of transportation engineering is required.
Job Location CH2M, Toronto
Toronto, ON CA
View on Google maps