Help our communities stay on the move by providing transit and rail construction management and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
CH2M is currently seeking a Senior Resident Engineer/Construction Manager
for our Jersey City office. In this role, you will be part of an elite team of transit and rail professionals focusing on North American projects, specifically in the Northeast. As with all of our positions, this position is an entrepreneurial role in which you will be able to leverage CH2M and our more than 3000 rail experts globally to your ultimate success.
Role and job description:
- Provide expertise in conceptualizing, planning, scheduling construction activities for a signal construction project involving wayside signal and communications equipment installation such as signals, track circuits, switch machines, wayside cases, junction boxes, bungalows, cables, cable support equipment, conduits in an operating railroad environment
- Provide coordination support for interfacing with multiple disciplines in a railroad and transit environment such as electrical/ traction power department, track department, civil structures, mechanical ,quality, safety, maintenance and operations to achieve signal/ communications equipment installation, inspection and testing
- Provide support for logistical planning, gathering needs, optimizing and requesting track access within rules and procedures of operating transit/ railroad
- Provide daily interface and coordination with signal construction contractor(s)
- Provide supervision, management and assignments for construction inspection staff during various phases of construction of signal/ communications equipment
- Prepare and submit summary and daily reports as needed on Construction/ Inspection activity
- Serve as a back-up for project manager/senior construction manager as needed
If you're up for the challenge, we've been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Past experience in the role of Resident Engineer/ Construction lead on large, complex signal/communications/ traction power construction projects on an operating transit system/ railroad for a minimum period of 10 years
- Candidate should be knowledgeable on construction/ installation best practices, local codes and AREMA & AAR standards
- Candidate should have thorough knowledge of wayside signal equipment used in installations in North America
- Candidate should have experience in managing multiple shifts of inspection/ construction administration staff on large signal/ communications projects
- 15 + years of signal construction, inspection, and installation experience
- Have thorough familiarity with Signal project installation drawings such as double line track plans, cable plans, cable/ conduit installation/ layout plans, inspection/ test criteria for signal equipment installation
- Have a thorough familiarity with FRA/AAR/AREMA and typical rail and transit agency requirements, compliance criteria and approval process
- Have a thorough knowledge of railroad/ transit safety practices for working on track
- Bachelor Degree and or advanced degree
- Professional License
- CCM certification
- Experience with NYCT, LIRR, MNRR, PATH
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, Parsippany
Parsippany, NJ US
View on Google maps