Help our communities stay on the move by providing system engineering support for our client's transit projects and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
CH2M is currently seeking Senior Systems Engineer
for our New York City team, in this role you will be part of an elite team of professionals focusing on Transit and Rail projects. As with all of our positions, this position is an entrepreneurial role in which you will be able to leverage CH2M and our more than 3000 rail experts globally to your ultimate success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide systems engineering expertise to support the system design, procurement and implementation of complex rail transit systems
- Use your working knowledge of a broad range of rail systems elements, including Train Control, Passenger Communications Systems, Traction Power Systems and Rolling Stock
- Work well and lead in a large and diverse team to deliver complex projects
- Perform and manage system integration of complex systems in a transit/ railroad setting
- Operate at multiple levels, with the ability to provide technical project leadership to work with stakeholders and establish/ implement a comprehensive System Engineering process
- Use your expert practitioner abilities to lead and conduct detailed reviews of complex analyses and processes
- Move between high level overview and objectives of tasks and at the same time, focus on risks and issues at a subsystem and functional level
- Interact on a daily basis with multiple levels of clients from the most senior management to direct labor as well as managing/ coordinating the interface with contractors and consultants
- Use your thorough understanding and capability of appreciating user requirement context for transit projects - including Operations, Maintenance, Training, Testing and Commissioning
If you're up for the challenge, we've been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelors in Engineering
- 10 + years-experience with engineering projects at a system level
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and communications skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated team leadership skills
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough familiarity with Systems Engineering life cycle for projects commencing from Concept of Operations, Requirements Development, and Requirements Analysis culminating in Commissioning/ Activation of systems at site
- Ability to demonstrate familiarity with Automated Train Supervision Systems, Communication Based Train Control Systems and integration of subsystems with multiple vendors
- Project Management accreditation
- Transit Industry visibility
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, New York
New York, NY US
View on Google maps